According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Night Vision Devices Market: By Type (Scopes, Goggles, Cameras, Others); By Components (Image Intensifier Tubes, Micro Channel Plates, Eyepiece, Others); By Application (Military, Security, Surveillance, Paranormal Research); By Geography – (2014-2020)”, the market is driven by the incessant developments and initiatives to further strengthen the NVD market.
Americas held the largest market share in the Night Vision Devices Market
Americas region holds the largest market share and growth in the Night Vision Devices Market, and is anticipated to reach $4.9 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 12.4%. However, APAC witnesses highest growth during the forecast period and is expected to reach $3.5 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 14.7%. The use of Night Vision Devices has seen an upsurge in this region due to the increased focus on public security and surveillance. The demand scenario for these devices is going to remain positive in this region as the government institutions continue to focus on national security. The key applications in this region include Military, Hidden-Object Detection, and Navigation among wireline completion, Recovery, and others.
Selected Value Chain Analysis done in the full report
- The product life cycle analysis for night vision devices consists of four significant stages, namely manufacturing, certification & testing, distribution, end-user and recycling. The night vision devices pass through each stage during its life-cycle.
- In its first stage, the desired night vision device will be created and is simulated in the R&D of either a manufacturer or academic universities/ research institutes, through the fabrication of a prototype. The prototype is subjected to several developing and testing phases before the specifications for commercial product are finalized. On successful completion of the product in the R&D stage, specifications for the final product are dispatched to the manufacturing units. In this stage, basic hardware architecture for night vision device is framed in which the electronic components will be further assembled. The Night Vision Devices before being delegated to certification authorities are extensively tested to reject the defective pieces. The certification authorities perform several qualifying tests as per the standard regulations, post which, they are sent to distributors for supplying the devices to the end-users globally, through a comprehensive network of distribution networks. The life cycle of the devices is highly dependent on the end- users’ behavior and the frequency with which these devices are launched. Once the devices are utilized by end-users, they are directed towards disposing phases where the device is thoroughly inspected to recover any valuable component and material.
To access / purchase the full report browse the link below
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- The Night Vision Device Market is currently in the growth stage and is slowly shifting towards the mature stage.
- The growth for Night Vision Devices is seen due to increased adoption in the commercial market, especially in the security and surveillance segments.
- Also, the enhanced security measures by government for domestic security and increasing adaptation of modern military equipment by armies across the world to stop terrorism and mitigate intruding efforts of the insurgents.
- Night Vision Goggles are forecast to remain the leading market through 2020 to reach $9.3 billion at a CAGR of 6.3%.
- The Night Vision Camera Market is projected to exhibit the highest revenue growth from $5.7 billion in 2014 to reach $9 billion through 2020.
- Night vision scope market is estimated to display the highest growth rate of 11% CAGR through 2020 to reach $1.6 billion. The reduction in price will result in significant adoption in the military and hunting markets.
- As UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) continue to displace the humans on battlefields, the demand for NVDs will witness a constricted growth.
- The large focus on price reduction, or offering improved capabilities at a similar price has resulted in a growing market.
- Adoption rates for night vision devices are growing, especially in the commercial market, due to growth of the security and surveillance markets.
- Night Vision Cameras will have highest demand in regions like Americas and APAC, due to increased use of night vision devices in applications such as military and security in these regions.
- Phosphor screens, being one of the major components of night vision devices, will be the second largest growing components with respect to market revenue by 2020 with a CAGR of 11.0%.
- The global night vision device market for hidden object detection is projected to grow to $7.9 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 8.4%. The growing night vision device market in the APAC region is set to propel this segment.
- The decline in price as well as growing applications for hidden object detection night devices are set to play a major part in the growth of the market.
- The market for night vision devices in Europe is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6% and reach $3,484 million by 2020.
- The market for RoW geographical segment is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.1% and reach $820 million by 2020.
- The fastest growing market for night vision devices in the Americas region is Mexico. The market volume for Mexico is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 14.9% and reach 370 thousand units by 2020.
- The Goggles represent the largest revenue segment for Night vision devices in the Americas region. The cameras segment is the second largest segment for Night vision devices in the region. The segment is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 7% and reach $4,228 million by 2020.
- The fastest growing segment is the Scopes segment with a CAGR of 10.7% and is forecast to reach a market size of $791 million by 2020.
- The largest application segment for Night Vision Cameras is the Navigation segment. The applications of night vision devices in the automobiles are a growing trend globally.
- The surveillance application segment is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 14.8% and reach $850.7 million units by 2020.
- The US army is a major customer for Night Vision Devices. The market for South American region Night vision devices is anticipated to reach $963.2 million by 2020 at a CAGR of 10.6%.
- Night vision scopes segment is estimated to be the fastest growing category during the period under review.
- Germany is estimated to be the fastest growing market among these three major markets which is projected to reach $905.8 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 6.7%
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Key players of Night Vision Devices Market:
- The top five companies in the Night Vision device market include FLIR Systems, Inc. (U.S), American Technologies Network Corp. (U.S), L-3 Warriors System, Inc. (U.S), Exelis Inc. (U.S) and Raytheon Corporation (U.S). Though these companies have a dominant position in the market, there are a few companies such as SAT Infrared Technology (China), Finmeccanica (Italy) and Northrop Grumman (U.S) providing stiff competition to the top players with their innovative product designs and focusing on growing markets.
- FLIR has a wide range of products including night vision cameras, scopes and goggles for security, surveillance, transport and military applications. FLIR’s Scout series of Thermal night vision cameras is a prevailing product in the market.
- American Technologies Network Corp. has a wide product portfolio including night vision monoculars, binoculars, multi-purpose systems, scopes and day/night systems. Their Night Arrow Series of multi-purpose night vision devices with improved image quality has found high adoption in military, hidden object identification and security markets.
- Exelis manufactures various products including night vision goggles, binoculars and cameras. This company is primarily focused on the homeland security, surveillance and military markets and has launched products including i-Aware Tactical Mobility Night Vision Goggle Fusion, Aviator’s Helmet Mount Assembly, Night Enforcer PVS-14 and AN/AVS 6 Aviators Night Vision Systems.
Night Vision Devices Market is segmented as indicated below
- Night Vision Devices Market By Category:
- Night Vision Devices Market By Components:
- Image Intensifier Tubes
- Front Lens
- Photo Cathode
- Micro Channel Plate
- High Voltage Power Supply
- Phosphor Screen
- Night Vision Devices Market By Application
7 Hidden-Object Detection
8 Paranormal Research
- Night Vision Devices Market By Geography (Covers 10 + Countries)
- Night Vision Devices Market By Entropy
- Night Vision Depot Inc;
- Photonis USA, Pennsylvania Incorporation;
- N-Vision Optics LLC
- Nivisys LLC
- Nightline Inc;
- L-3 Communications Holding Inc;
- Inteva Inc;
- Hoffman Engineering Corporation
- BAE Systems, PLC
- Meopta – Optika, S.R.O.
- Proxivision GMBH
- EXELIS Inc (Harris Corporation)
- Aurora Tactical Group, LLC
- Armasight Incorporation
- American Technologies Network, Corporation
- Newcon Optik
- Thermoteknix Systems Ltd.
- Guangzhou SAT Infrared Technologies
Infrared Sensors Market
Uncooled Thermal Imaging Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Night Vision Devices Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis (By Revenue & Volume)
- Country level Analysis (15+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in Night Vision Devices Market?
Response: Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- Americas Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- APAC Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- RoW Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Military Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Hunting Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Surveillance Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Security Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Navigation Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Hidden Object Detection Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Paranormal Research Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Image Intensifier Tubes Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Front Lens Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Photo Cathode Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Micro Channel Plate Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- High Voltage Power Supply Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Phosphor Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Eyepiece Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Scopes Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Goggles Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
- Cameras Market for Night Vision Devices (2018-2023)
Q. Does IndustryARC customize these reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other major customizations can be discussed with our team, we can provide a separate quote based on your requirement. You can drop in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.