New Report Delves into the Distribution of Milk and Milk Products in India

Currently around 80% of the total milk produced is distributed through the highly fragmented unorganized sector, which includes local milk vendors, wholesalers, retailers, and the producers themselves. On the other hand, the organized dairy industry distributes the remaining 20% of the total milk produced.

India currently represents the world’s biggest market for milk and milk products. In light of its growing population, higher incomes and growing health consciousness, the demand for milk is steadily increasing in the country. According to IMARC Group’s new report titled, “Dairy Industry in India: Market Size, Growth, Prices, Segments, Cooperatives, Private Dairies, Procurement and Distribution”,  the total production and consumption of milk during 2014-15 reached 147 Million Metric Tons and 138 Million Metric Tons, respectively.

The report finds that despite a robust growth in the production and consumption of milk, a large share continues to be distributed through the informal or unorganized channels in India. As distribution is the final stage in the marketing of milk and milk products, the facilities for distribution should ensure that the quality of the products are maintained, along with its timely supply. The report finds that currently around 80% of the total milk produced is distributed through the highly fragmented unorganized sector, which includes local milk vendors, wholesalers, retailers, and the producers themselves. On the other hand, the organized dairy industry distributes the remaining 20% of the total milk produced.

The report has also identified several challenges in the distribution of dairy products in the country.  According to the report, one of the biggest challenges faced by the dairy industry is the uneven distribution of cold chain facilities throughout the supply chain. This often results in the perishability of the product due to longer times taken in reaching the facility and the end consumers. Other challenges in the distribution of dairy products include – low penetration into the rural market, lack of proper transportation infrastructure, lack of awareness on good distribution practices, etc. According to an analyst at IMARC Group “although the organized dairy sector in India has several retailers and distributors, there is still the need for an organized network of distributors to help reduce the distribution costs by standardizing the distribution process”.

Apart from the distribution system, the report also gives an insight into the other aspects of the dairy industry in India such as the market size, market segments, key players, prices, procurement, government policies, trade, etc. The report which is based on both desk based research and multiple waves of primary research is a must read for anyone who plans to venture into the dairy industry in any form.

To know more on Dairy Industry in India visit: http://www.imarcgroup.com/dairy-industry-in-india/


To buy the complete report or to get a free sample, please contact:

IMARC Group Asia:
Email: apac@imarcgroup.com
Phone: +91-120-415-5099 

IMARC Group North America:
Email: america@imarcgroup.com
Phone: +1-631-791-1145

IMARC Group Europe, Middle East & Africa:
Email:ema@imarcgroup.com
Phone: +44-702-409-7331

                     
Browse Related Reports: 

Cheese Manufacturing Plant Project Report: Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue – http://www.imarcgroup.com/cheese-manufacturing-plant

Milk Powder Processing Plant Project Report: Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue – http://www.imarcgroup.com/milk-powder-processing-plant

Agriculture Industry in India: Market Segments, Key Drivers, Challenges, Market Trends and Regulations – http://www.imarcgroup.com/agriculture-industry-in-india


About IMARC Group

The International Market Analysis Research and Consulting Group is a leading advisor on management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.

IMARC Group information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.

To know more visit website: http://www.imarcgroup.com/

Media Contact
Company Name: IMARC Group
Contact Person: Krishna Sharma
Email: Send Email
Phone: +91-120-415-5099
City: Noida
State: Uttar Pradesh
Country: India
Website: http://www.imarcgroup.com/