Desperate people seeking help, flying and driving to cities from all over the world trying to get help for one thing, “Mold Exposure” and “Mold Sickness” paying absolute fortunes, too many times, to nothing more than a Snake Oil salesman, hiding behind an M.D.’s jacket. So what is a “Mold Doctor”?
The story is the same, over and over, desperate people willing to pay almost anything to get well. And when the science, or area of medicine is not well understood, you can always count on financial predators with their hands out.
“Quack” is the word most self-proclaimed “Mold Doctors” hear more often than not! But who are these men and women shrouded in the mystery of “Mold Exposure” and “Mold Sickness”, charging desperate people outrageous fees, up to sixteen thousand dollars ($16,000.00) cash for a week long detox, leaving a trail of broken promises and false hopes.
The fact is that exposure to common indoor mold can have health consequences far beyond what the general public might imagine, toxins called, “Mycotoxins”, are produced by indoor mold and are documented as some of the most toxic compounds known to man. These toxins effect the human brain, nervous system, autonomic nervous system, as well as causes a myriad of other health conditions, and even cancer.
When a person becomes poisoned with Mycotoxins they exhibit multiple symptoms that make no sense to the common medical practitioner. Patients get bounced around from doctor to doctor, finally desperate to get well many of these people resort to what would seem to be obvious fraud.
Spokesperson for the National Treatment Centers for Environmental Disease, Myra Welsh, in Atlanta, GA, stated: When it comes to mold exposure, it’s easy to avoid medical financial predators, here are some telltale signs you are about to be ripped off by a quack mold doctor:
- They do not accept health insurance
Every legitimate medical facility accepts health insurance
- Has the doctor ever lost their medical license?
It only makes sense that if the State medical licensing board thinks they shouldn’t have a medical license, you should probably go in a different direction. A Mold Doctor from Maryland lost his medical license and still consults patients over the phone for $8.00 per minute. This doctor has advised patients to self-administer veterinary medicine, and without ever seeing the patient recommended their gallbladder to be removed etc… Definitely signs of a quack.
- Online, paid for, obscure supposedly medical tests that no one else has
This is a big time red flag, if the test was legitimate all doctors would use it.
- The use of “Cholestyramine” as a detox or binder for mycotoxins.
Cholestyramine is a drug designed to bind bile from the liver and has nothing to do with binding mycotoxins out of the body, as a matter of fact it’s dangerous. Mycotoxins cause liver dysfunction. Cholestyramine exacerbates the already over taxed liver.
- The use of activated charcoal as a detoxification tool
The use of activated charcoal for mycotoxin poisoning is literally from the Stone Age, physicians using this form mycotoxin poisoning have done any real research
- They offer a “One size fits all protocol”, meaning everyone gets the same protocol
Five people living in the same mold contaminated house will not have the exact same symptoms, nor will their medical test results be identical, so how can their treatment protocols be identical? This makes no sense.
- The doctor you’re seeing is new to working with mold exposure patients and has paid $1,500.00 to become a “Certified Mold Doctor”.
There is no such legitimate thing as a “Certified Mold Doctor”, this title, or certification, is not recognized by any medical body or legitimate medical association.
- The physician charges incredible amounts of cash, $1,000 / day, $850.00 per hour, $8.00 per minute to talk to, or $16,000.00 for a 10 day detox.
There is no mystery to mold exposure, or mycotoxin poisoning, desperate people do desperate things. Let common sense be your guide, if it sounds crazy it probably is.
- Over testing, using C3a, C4a, C- Reactive Protein tests and genetic testing
If a physician uses these tests it is a clear indicator they do not know what their looking for, or understand mycotoxin poisoning.
- The physician does not specialize only in environmental disease
Many doctors dabble and are practicing well outside the scope of their education. Mold Exposure is not a disease, it is a poisoning, and is really more of a toxicology problem. This why most Mold Doctors fail their patients. They don’t understand the toxicology of the problem and are trying to figure out complex patient complaints part-time, in between administering flu shots, seeing drug rehab patients, and treating coughs or colds. If a person had a heart attack, most would prefer to see a Cardiologist, instead of their family doctor.
The best solution in selecting a facility for mold exposure is just plain common sense, if it doesn’t sound quite right, it probably isn’t.