According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market: By Ancient Grain Type (Millet, Sorghum); By Application (Bakery & Confectionary, Sports Nutrition, Infant Formula, Cereals, Animal Feed) & By Geography – With Forecast (2018- 2023)”, the consumers in developed nations drive up the demand; prices are rising everywhere, including in developing nations where these grains have been affordable staples.
APAC held the largest market share in the Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market
APAC holds the largest market share and growth rate in the Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market and is anticipated to reach $6.7 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of -0.8%. The demand for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market mainly derives from the poultry and beef industry. There is also some demand from the biofuel industry, although this may not be a long-term demand point.
Selected Value Chain Analysis
- In the value chain of Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market, various stakeholders play different roles to deliver the final product to the end consumers.
- The concept of Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grain value chain includes a full range of activities and participants involved in moving grains and processed grain products from producers to end consumers.
- In its origination phase, grains produced by farmers are harvested and then sent to processors.
- Grains are to be harvested when they are sufficiently mature and dry.
- Linking of farmers to the markets through efficient value chains would reduce the use of intermediaries in the chain, and strengthen the value-adding activities through better technology and inputs, upgraded infrastructure and processing and exports.
- Sorghum mainly originates in the North African region and is supplied to many tropical and subtropical regions of the world.
- The production of millet grains are more in countries such as India, Nigeria, Niger, China and Mali.
- After sorghum and millets are harvested, farmers transport grain to on-farm storage, end users, or commercial grain facilities.
- Some producers feed their grains to their livestock, while the majority of them moves to feed mills or processors or to commercial grain handling facilities such as local grain elevators, inland sub terminals, river elevators, and port elevators.
- Local grain elevators receive most of their grain directly from farmers, whereas inland sub terminals or river elevators collect different types of grains in quantities, suitable for loading on trains or other modes of transportation.
- Processing is provided at this stage, which includes functions such as drying, cleaning, blending, storing, and merchandising of grain. River elevators and the larger inland sub terminals supply most of the sorghum destined for export markets.
- In cleaning and drying, initially rough cleaning takes place which includes removal of the chaff, pebbles, coarse weeds and then the product has to be dried to acquire a certain moisture content, in order to prevent loss of quality. The grains are then stored in containers or big bags.
- Cleaning prevents contamination of the finished product and to protect the mill or dehuller from excessive wear or damage by sand or stones.
- It may also include other range of services including storage and warehousing, receival and elevation, quality assessment, logistics and accumulation, quality control and food safety, electronic transnational services and ship loading.
- Processing may also be done by the traders.
- The production of millet grains are more in countries such as India, Nigeria, China and Mali.
- In this phase, the stored millet and sorghum grains are purchased by the traders from farmers, farming co-operatives, processing plants, local exporters and global merchants.
- After secondary processing such as cleaning and packaging of these millet and sorghum grains, the traders will resell the millet and sorghum grains to various processing industries such as food, consumer goods, animal feed, local importers, and government purchasing bodies, either directly or through various distribution channels.
- Some of the key trading companies of millets and sorghum ancient grains include Cargill Inc. (U.S.), Bunge Limited (U.S.), CHS Inc. (U.S.), Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.) and Louis Dreyfus Company (Netherlands).
- Distributors such as supermarkets/hypermarkets, e-retailers, wholesalers and others, source these grains to milling/puffing companies or directly to the end users which includes food manufacturers, retail and commercial bakeries and others.
- Milling / Puffing: Milling companies get grains from traders, distributors, processing companies and government co-ops. These milling companies further process the high protein grains into flour, flakes, blends, mixes and other grain processed products.
- These processed products are sent to end use industries such as food manufacturers, retail and commercial bakeries in order to prepare biscuits, breads, cookies, cakes, bars and snacks.
- Milling of these products depend on a number of factors, including the type of cereal being milled, the degree of milling of flour required, power consumption, required throughput, the capital available for investment, the availability for investment, the availability of spare parts and maintenance/repair facilities.
- Some of the key players in the milling/ puffing of millets and sorghum ancient grains include Ardent Mills (U.S.), Glanbia Nutritionals Inc. (Ireland), Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), Bay State Milling Company (U.S.) and Healthy Food Ingredients, LLC (U.S.) among many others.
To access or browse the table of contents of the report follow the link below:
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- The growing appetite for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains had unintended consequences.
- The number of people looking for wheat alternatives (grains without gluten) is growing right alongside the rising incidence of Celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
- There are alternative gluten-free grains and this Ancient Grains List include Amaranth, Chia, Millet, Sorghum, and other grains like Quinoa which are available to consumers. These ancient grains, which originate from countries in Africa, India and South America, have fed people for thousands of years, and are high in nutrients such as protein, vitamins and minerals.
- The benefits of these ancient grains include, but not limited to the following: Sorghum and Millet plays a major role in meeting the feed requirements of cattle, buffalo and poultry. Sorghum is also grown as forage crop and can be fed to cattle directly. In the U.S. and Australia, sorghum is used to feed cattle. More recently in India and Africa, it is being used as poultry feed.
- The global Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains market is poised to exhibit a healthy growth in coming years due to certain factors such as the high nutrition, health benefits and richness in proteins of Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains.
- Global Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market is poised to witness significant growth owing to the change in lifestyles of consumers, coupled with the rise in the demand for healthy and nutritious food grains.
- Growing demand for gluten-free products in emerging countries such as China, India and others, is propelling the global Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market.
- It is a versatile crop which can be grown as a grain, forage or sweet crop for food and fodder in the semi-arid tropics of the world.
- Changing breakfast habits and demographics across the emerging economies have been acting as the major growth drivers for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Key players of Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market:
- Some of the key players in the milling/puffing of millets and sorghum ancient grains include Ardent Mills (U.S.), Glanbia Nutritionals Inc. (Ireland), Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), Bay State Milling Company (U.S.), and Healthy Food Ingredients, LLC (U.S.) among others.
- Kellogs Company (U.S.), Mondelez International, Inc (U.S.), Campbell Soup Company (U.S.), The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (U.S.), Ebro Foods (Spain) and Boulder Brands Inc. (U.S.) among many others.
Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market Report is segmented as indicated below
- Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market By Grain Type:
- Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market By Application:
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Sports Nutrition
- Infant Formula
- Animal Feed
- Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market – By Geography (Covers 17+ Countries)
- Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market By Entropy
- Aurora Cooperative
- Olam International
- Gavilon Agriculture Holdings, Co
- Rapid Overseas
- And 50 + companies
Insoluble Dietary Fibers Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis (By Revenue & Volume)
- Country level Analysis (15+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains Market?
Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- Americas Market for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains (2018-2023)
- Asia-Pacific Market for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains (2018-2023)
- RoW Market for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains (2018-2023)
- Amarnath Market for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains (2018-2023)
- Millet Market for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains (2018-2023)
- Teff Market for Ancient Grains (2018-2023)
- Sorghum Market for Millet and Sorghum Ancient grains (2018-2023)
- Quinoa Market for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains (2018-2023)
- Bakery & Confectionary Market for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains (2018-2023)
- Infant Formula Market for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains (2018-2023)
- Cereals Market for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains (2018-2023)
- Animal Feed Market for Millet and Sorghum Ancient Grains (2018-2023)
Does IndustryARC customize these reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other major customizations can be discussed with our team, we can provide a separate quote based on your requirement. You can drop in an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.
Company Name: IndustryARC
Contact Person: Mr. Venkateshwar Reddy
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-614-588-8538 (Ext: 101)