September 11, 2018 – Copenhagen, Denmark – MinPlan App Mental Health Self-Help Tool has started a Kickstarter fundraising campaign to coincide with “World Suicide Prevention Week”, to meet its goal of going global to reach every person in need worldwide. The suicide rate has been increasing drastically. Hundreds of thousands of people struggle in silence as they don’t have help or the necessary tool handy when needed. Minplan, a self-help tool which has evidence based, proven results is on a mission to fill in the missing gap around the world. A crucial link for those who are distressed, low personal control, mental issues, and lack of appropriate support.
The mobile app is designed to generate awareness of crisis symptoms by helping them address these issues, and acting reasonably in crisis situations without jeopardizing their own or other’s lives. MinPlan hopes to assist in working through some mental health issues to:
- Security of life – with many safety features to ensure more secure life for both distressed, depressed individual and their families.
- Quality of life – improves quality of life as the distressed individual knows that they can handle crisis situation better using Minplan.
- Life Support – during a severe personal crisis, relatives often become fearful, and want to know the mental condition and whereabouts of the individual; using the Minplan App, relatives can check in and get updates in minutes.
- Respect for privacy – all information stored in Minplan will strictly be used for the personal purpose and will not be sold to or shared with any 3rd party.
MinPlan mobile app consists of ‘empty spaces’ where a user enters information about their own symptoms of the personal crisis, which can be further linked to personalized strategies for coping, such as:
- Directly linked to the selected contact person
- Map directions to the nearest hospital
- Supervised built-in peer-to-peer support
- Cloud-based app so that individual and relatives can access it on multiple devices, simultaneously
- Helps in fighting stigma worldwide
- ‘Share My Location’ feature so that user in crisis can be located by family or friends
It is worth stating here that Minplan is a scientific self-help tool, designed to help an individual in crisis to recover and achieve mental health. It is built with help from a large group of people with suicidal ideation and a team of reputable international researchers; It aims to empower such individual with strong coping skills so that they can create the life they wish.
“Your Safety Plan, in your hands, close when you need it.”
Jette Louise Skovgaard Larsen, Founder, a scientific sociologist, and entrepreneur from Denmark aims at going global with Minplan seeks more funding for this purpose. You can follow the Kickstarter fundraising campaign https://goo.gl/3tuVv8 and continue to share the campaign here or via their website at minplan.org.