“Madagascar: Country Intelligence Report”, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Madagascar today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
In 2017, Madagascar will generate total telecom service revenue of $0.3bn, which is expected to increase to $0.4bn by 2022. The telecom service revenue in Madagascar will grow at a CAGR of 7.8% over 2017-2022 driven by growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. Mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment during 2017-2022, driven by rapid proliferation of smartphones, expanding coverage and growing adopton of 3G/4G services. Going forward, operators will focus on network infrastructure investments and LTE and fiber-optic network expansions to boost broadband penetration in the country.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Madagascar.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
– Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in terms of revenue market shares across segments in the telecom services market.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The overall telecom service revenue in Madagascar will grow at a CAGR of 7.8% during 2017-2022.
– Mobile revenue will account for 86.9% of total telecom revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband and 4G services.
– 2G will be the most adopted mobile technology across the 2017-2022 period. Rising demand for high-speed data services and LTE network expansion will drive 4G subscriber growth over the forecast period.
– The top two mobile operators, Airtel Madagascar and Telma Madagascar, will account for 77.1% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2017. Operators will continue to focus on network coverage expansion, fiber deployment and value-added service offerings to acquire customers and drive telecom market.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Madagascar’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Madagascar’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Madagascar’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Madagascar.
Table of Content: Key Points
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 20
Competitive landscape 21
Orange Madagascar 22
Airtel Madagascar 23
Telma Madagascar 24
Additional resources 25
Baseline forecast assumptions 26
Data tables 27
Research methodology 32
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349