The Global waterborne coatings market is expected to reach USD 146.11 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing construction and remodeling activities in emerging economies of Asia Pacific and Middle East is expected to drive waterborne coatings market growth over the next seven years. Waterborne coatings are widely used in interior & exterior paints, doors, trims and facades in architectural industry. Stringent government regulations in order to reduce volatile organic compounds (VOC) emissions associated with solvent based coatings are projected to propel market growth. Increasing automobile production in countries such as India, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Mexico has also prompted the demand for waterborne coatings.
Acrylic resins were the most dominant resin in waterborne coatings and accounted for over 80% of total market volume in 2014. They find wide application scope in end-use industries such as infrastructure and automotive refinishes owing to exterior durability coupled with low production cost. Polyurethane (PU) is expected to emerge as fastest growing resin at an estimated CAGR of 7.5% from 2015 to 2022. Superior PU properties over other resins are expected to drive its demand over the forecast period.
Full research report on waterborne coatings market analysis:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global waterborne coatings market demand was 20.54 million tons in 2014 and is expected to reach 32.71 million tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2015 to 2022.
- Architectural was the largest application segment and accounted for 86.5% of the total market volume in 2014. Automotive OEM is anticipated to be the fastest growing application segment at a CAGR of 8.1% from 2015 to 2022.
- Europe emerged as the largest regional market and accounted for 38.6% of global consumption in 2014. Stringent environmental regulations to minimize the use of solvent borne coatings are expected to drive the regional market over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth of 7.9% from 2015 to 2022. Increasing infrastructure activities in India, China and Indonesia is expected to drive the regional market. Asia Pacific is expected to surpass Europe to become the leading consumer by 2022.
- Global waterborne coatings market is moderately consolidated with presence of large multinational corporations. Some of the major companies operating in the global market include BASF, Berger Paints India Ltd., Kansai Paint Company Ltd., Axalta Coatings Systems LLC, and Nippon Paint Holdings Company LLC. Other prominent industry participants in global market comprise of RPM International, PPG Industries Inc., Akzo Nobel NV, The Valspar Corporation, The Sherwin-Williams Company and Tikkurila Oyj.
Request for sample of this research report:
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the waterborne coatings market on the basis of resin, application and region:
Global Waterborne Coatings Resin Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Polyvinylidene Chloride (PVDC)
- Polyvinylidene Floride (PVDF)
Global Waterborne Coatings Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- General Industrial
- Automotive OEM
- Metal Packaging
- Protective Coatings
- Automotive Refinish
- Industrial Wood
Global Waterborne Coatings Regional Outlook (Volume Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at:
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States