The global Lactic Acid & polylactic acid market is expected to reach USD 9.8 billion and USD 6.5 billion respectively by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for lactic acid as pH regulator and preservatives for food & beverages sector is expected to fuel its demand over the next eight years. Growing cosmetic industry, on account of the increasing number of manufacturing base by companies including Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, and P&G in the U.S. is expected to drive industry expansion.
Growing consumer awareness regarding the need for sustainability, biodegradability, recyclability, and green packaging is projected to drive global PLA usage over the forecast period. Moreover, various manufacturers are engaged in improving properties of PLA including impact strength, flexibility, stiffness, barrier properties, thermal stability, increase degradation rate, and reduce production costs, which is likely to create immense market potential.
Browse Detail Report With TOC @ http://www.hexareports.com/report/lactic-acid-market
Pharmaceuticals accounted for 7.5% of the overall revenue share of lactic acid in 2016 and are expected to witness high gains as the product serves as a pH-regulation, chiral intermediate, and metal sequestration as well as a natural body constituent. Increasing need for pharmaceutical grade creams and other medicines among consumers is expected to propel demand over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
• Global Lactic Acid demand was 1,220.0 kilo tons in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.2% from 2017 to 2025 which is a result of increasing sales of medicines and perfumes in the Latin America and Asia Pacific region.
• Textiles accounted for 21.0% of the polylactic acid revenue share in 2016 and is expected to witness growth as a result of its various properties including natural UV resistance, high tenacity, low smoke formation, and low flammability.
Request A Sample copy of This Report @ http://www.hexareports.com/report/lactic-acid-market/request-sample
• Asia Pacific polylactic acid market is projected to show significant revenue rise at a CAGR of 22.4% from 2017 to 2025 owing to the establishment of various food & beverage and cosmetics manufacturing units particularly in India and China.
• In Asia Pacific, ‘on-the-go’ lifestyle of consumers and growing disposable income is expected to have a positive impact on the food & beverage sector which in turn is likely to propel packaging industry growth.
• In May 2016, Corbion Purac launched a PLA portfolio of bioplastic resins for North America to meet growing demand for packaging applications. In October 2013, Corbion Purac and bio-film manufacturer Innovia joined hands to develop temperature-stable and transparent PLA films
Browse More Chemicals Related Market Research Reports:
• Cumene Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts, 2014-2025 –
• Thermoformed Plastics Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts, 2014-2025 –
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Company Name: Hexa Reports
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras and Ryan Shaw
Email: Send Email
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States