Colorado Springs, Colorado, July 28, 2014 – Children around the world have something to say and a new website, KIDS ARE WRITERS, seeks to inspire them. As young writers develop their voice, they require instruction and support beyond the classroom walls in order to fully realize their potential. KIDS ARE WRITERS offers such assistance by encouraging kids to pick up the pen and realize the power of their words.
When KIDS ARE WRITERS launched in March of 2014, it created a groundswell of interest and ignited a new generation of writers, destined to become tomorrow’s novelists, lyricists, playwrights, poets, screenwriters, and journalists. Within a short time, the website received over 20,000 visitors, representing every state in the US and 78 additional countries.
With its creative prompts and instructional resources, children, adults, emerging writers and established authors utilize KIDS ARE WRITERS. Homeschooling parents and teachers also use the site to increase their knowledge and support their instruction.
Testimonials from around the world convey the importance and impact of KIDS ARE WRITERS. “Thanks Michelle, for empowering children everywhere to bring out their creative thought through writing.”-Kate K. “I’m from Argentina. I’m 15 years old. I’m dreaming and my biggest dream is to become a great writer. There is not any help for writers where I live. You really made my day. You inspire me with all your words.” -Gisel.Argentina. Others praise KIDS ARE WRITERS for its innovation, creativity, and commitment to young writers.
Founder and Director, Michelle Lynn Senters serves as the lead writing coach. She and twelve writing coaches volunteer their expertise to provide young writers free instruction through writing prompts, educational articles, and videos. Presently, KIDS ARE WRITERS offers a free, self-paced summer camp designed to keep kids inspired to write throughout the summer. Children and adults are participating from all over the world.
Senters has several Skype teaching sessions to her credit, in both the US and Honduras. Already, her new initiative has gained bookings for teaching sessions, coaching sessions and workshops.
The success of this campaign will help bring a catalog of benefits to fuller actualization.
With the support raised by the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, KIDS ARE WRITERS will:
● Increase active membership and a greater sense of global community.
● Offer frequent instruction through prompts, articles, and videos.
● Develop a technologically adequate filming studio.
● Film instructional videos that can be used personally or in a classroom.
● Compensate coaches for their time and expertise.
● Publish student writing on the site.
● Become a professional development resource for teachers.
● Become an engaging resource for homeschooling parents.
● Offer private coaching, classroom/school visits, and Skype teaching visits.
● Conduct workshops for both students and teachers.
● Host a KIDS ARE WRITERS national conference, Summer 2015.
● Become an engaging resource for home schooling parents.
● Conduct periodic writing contests.
● Develop, maintain, and continually improve the website.
● Explore possibility of developing a KIDS ARE WRITERS app.
● Provide all promised perks to reward supporters of the campaign.
The Indiegogo campaign’s initial goal of $60,000 is currently active and runs through August 30, 2014 at 11:59 Pacific Time. Full details about the Indiegogo campaign including sponsorship and involvement levels can be found at: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/kids-are-writers-we-inspire-the-literary-voices-of-tomorrow.
Company Name: KIDS ARE WRITERS
Contact Person: Michelle Lynn Senters
Email: Send Email
City: Colorado Springs
Country: United States