According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Intelligent Motor Control Centers (IMCC) Market: By Voltage (Low, Medium); By Standards (NEMA, IEC); By Sales Channel, Protection; By Components (Contactor Relays, Soft Starters, Others); By End user industry (Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, Others); By Geography – (2014-2020)”, the market is driven by the growing trend towards open communication networks, improved energy efficiency, ability to access data instantly, and reduced downtime, installation cost and other labor charges.
Americas held the largest market share in the Intelligent Motor Control Centers Market
The Americas region holds the largest market share and growth in the intelligent motor control centers Market, and is anticipated to reach $2.09 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 6.50%. However, APAC witnesses highest growth during the forecast period, and is expected to reach $2.13 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 14.91%. Americas Intelligent Motor Control Centers Market is mainly driven by the mature markets such as the U.S. and Canada. The key end user industries in Intelligent Motor Control Centers Market include Chemicals, Oil & Gas, and Mining and Metals, among others.
Selected Value Chain Analysis done in the full report
- There are various stages at which value is added in the Intelligent Motor Control Centers system. The various stages involved in the manufacturing of 3D sensors are component sourcing, integration to final assembly and distribution. Following stakeholders are included in the Intelligent MCC market:
- Raw Material/Hardware suppliers
- Component Manufacturers
- End-user Industries
Raw Material Suppliers
- The raw materials required in the manufacturing of Intelligent MCCs are steel, aluminum, and brass. Steel is used in making the MCC panel board, and its measurements should be as per the specifications mentioned by the manufacturers. High-quality steel is used to prevent arc flash occurrences. Brass is used in the covers while copper is used in the manufacturing of busbar. The raw materials used for the iMCC construction are available at competitive prices. Major suppliers for these raw materials are ArcellorMittal (Luxemburg) and CHALCO (China).
Semiconductor Component Suppliers
- The major differentiation between the traditional MCC components and intelligent MCC components are the solid state components. Solid state components such as variable frequency and soft starter drives contain microcontrollers. These microcontrollers are supplied by companies such as Infineon (Germany) and Freescale (United States).
- The important components in an intelligent MCC assembly are soft-starters, contractors, overload relays, among others. Majority of these components are designed and developed by the OEMs. Some manufacturers outsource the construction of electrical control panels and assemble the intelligent components into their panels. In such cases, the panel builders have to design and construct their panels based on the standards of IEC and NEMA. Needless to say, they should make sure that protection is given to the personal handling system. The linchpins of the industry such as Siemens (AG), Schneider Electric (France) and ABB (Switzerland) manufacture their own panels. Companies like JK-Elkas A/S (the U.S.) are examples of sub-contractual panel builders.
- OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer) are the companies which assemble all the components of the Intelligent MCC, and supply it to the end-users directly or through their distribution channels. These products are used in the end-user industries to optimize and produce the end-products. Intelligent MCCs supplied by the OEMs are integrated, ready-to-install, pre-tested and preconfigured. They also test the communication cables which are installed. The intelligent devices are pre-programmed with baud rate, node number, trip current and other parameters. Major OEMs for Intelligent MCCs are Siemens, Schneider Electric, ABB, Rockwell Automation and Eaton.
- Distributors use their wide network to supply end-user industries with Intelligent Motor control systems. Distributors need to bring down the administrative costs while promoting the brand awareness. These distributors play a pivotal role in the commissioning and installation of the intelligent MCCs. However, in many cases, IMCC manufacturers and takes control of the distribution aspect themselves. Having the distributors is advantageous because they provide customization services to the intelligent MCCs from the request of the end-users. Boulting Group, one of the major distributors for Rockwell Automation, Siemens and Schneider Electric, provides process automation solutions and services for end-user segment such as for oil and gas, mining and other major industries. Other distributors for IMCCs include Pima Controls (India) and Lintott Services (United Kingdom).
- Intelligent Motor Control Systems have the presence of their applications in a wide range of industries such as water and waste water industries, pulp and paper, food and beverages, power generation, mining and metals, and oil & gas. These industries use IMCCs to bring optimization to their controls and maintenance of various activities in their systems. The diagnostic information provided by the IMCCs helps the end-user industries to design their preventive maintenance strategy which improves efficiency and energy management in their factories. Some examples of these industries include China Shenua Energy Company (China), BHP Billiton (Australia), Gazprom (Russia), Exxon Mobil (United States), and ITT Corporation (United States).
To access / purchase the full report browse the link below
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- The Intelligent Motor Control Systems Market is currently in the growth stage, and is projected to continue to be in the same stage through 2020.
- The end-user preference shifts from conventional to intelligent systems and the growing end-user industries is a major factor contributing to this growth.
- Growing industrialization and the expanding process of automation adoption in the South American region are the major drivers for this growth.
- The market growth for Intelligent MCCs in the APAC is forecast to be the fastest mainly due to the growing industrial automation adaption in China and India.
- The rising oil and gas, mining and automotive industry in China, and the recovering mining sector in Australia are the key drivers for this market growth.
- The growing oil & gas industries in the Americas and APAC region reflect scope for iMCCs manufacturers to expand their penetrations further in this segment.
- The market for the major end-user industries for Intelligent Motor Control Systems such as oil and gas, mining and minerals, pulp and paper, power generation and others, are forecast to grow during the forecast period 2015-2020.
- Power generation along with oil and gas are estimated to be the primary growth segments.
- Emerging markets, especially the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China), are estimated to be the fastest growing markets geographically.
- The last few years have witnessed the increased penetration of iMCCs in other process industries apart from oil & gas, mining and chemical.
- The iMCC market is grow at a high growth which impacts the penetration of conventional MCCs. The growing end-user industries preference towards intelligent systems which can give predictive and real-time diagnostic information compared to the conventional or traditional motor control centers is driving the growth in this market.
- The growing awareness and stricter regulations will drive the customers to adapt these systems.
- The infrastructure and end-user industries technological advancements are major factors driving the growth.
- The growing penetration towards intelligent systems in emerging countries such as China, Indian and South East Asian countries is the major driver for this growth.
- The rapid adaption of arc-flash equipped construction is also boosting the double digit market growth.
- Food & beverage industry segment is the second fastest growing segment for non-arc flash iMCCs.
- The food & beverage industry is the fastest growing segment in the Intelligent Motor Control Systems market. The industry has witnessed significant growth for the past few years and it is estimated to grow further during the forecast period 2015-2020.
- The growing economic conditions in the emerging countries, increase in consumer spending and changing lifestyle are driving the growth for this industry.
- Food and beverage industry is estimated to be one of the fastest growing market segments for the Intelligent Motor Control Centers.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Key players of intelligent motor control centers Market:
- The major players in the Intelligent Motor Control Centers market are Eaton Corporation (Ireland), Siemens AG (Germany), Schneider Electric (France), ABB Group (Switzerland), Rockwell Automation (U.S.), General Electric (U.S.) and COMECA Group (France).
- Other players include COMECA group, Schneider Electric, Rockwell Automation, ABB, and Mitsubishi.
- Some of the key players include: Aluminum Corporation of China Limited, IRC Limited, and Asia Aluminum.
- Siemens, which is a key player in the IMCC market, mainly follows the strategy of direct sales.
- ABB is another key player in the IEC market that has higher market shares in the IEC standard regions such as Europe and Asia-Pacific. The company has been making its entry into the Latin American market where there exists a mix of NEMA and IEC products with its low costs.
- The Intelligent Motor Control Centers market is continuously evolving by adapting to changing trends and advancements in technologies. New product launches are set to play a significant role in the growth of the key players.
- Although these companies have dominant share in the global market, regional players such as Altus (U.S.), Skemaq (Italy), Larsen & Tourbo Automation (India) and COMECA Group (France) provide stiff competition to the top players in the regional markets through their innovative solutions and strategies.
Intelligent Motor Control Centers Market Report is segmented as indicated below
- Intelligent motor control centers Market By Type:
1 Contactor Relays
2 Starters & Over load Relays
3 Solid State Components
4 Variable Frequency Drives
5 Soft Starters
5.1 Programmable Logic Controllers
6 Network Components
7 Visualization Systems
- Intelligent motor control centers Market By Application
- Oil & Gas
- Mining & Metals
- Power Generation
- Pulp and Paper
- Water & wastewater
- Food & Beverage
- Automotive, Ship Building & Transport
- Intelligent motor control centers Market By Voltage
1 Low Voltage Motors
2 Medium Voltage Motors
- Intelligent Motor Control Centers Market By Geography (Covers 15 + Countries)
- Intelligent Motor Control Centers Market By Entropy
- Allis Electric
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Fuji Electric Co, Ltd
- LSIS Co; Ltd
- Marine Electricals
- WEG S.A.
- Togami Electric
- Larsen & Toubro
- Company 9
- Company 10+
Industrial Motors Market
Factory Automation Mechanical Component Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Intelligent Motor Control Centers Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis (By Revenue & Volume)
- Country level Analysis (15+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Q. Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in Intelligent Motor Control Centers Market?
Response: Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- Americas Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers(2018-2023)
- APAC Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers(2018-2023)
- RoW Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers(2018-2023)
- Oil & Gas Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers(2018-2023)
- Mining & Metals Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Power Generation Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers(2018-2023)
- Chemicals Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Pulp and Paper Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Water & Waste Water Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Food & Beverage Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Automotive, Ship Building & Transport Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers(2018-2023)
- Contractor Relays Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Starters & Over Load Relays Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Solid State Components Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Variable Frequency Drives Market for Intelligent Motor Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Soft Starters Market for Intelligent Motors Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Network Components Market for Intelligent Motors Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Visualization Systems Market for Intelligent Motors Control Centers (2018-2023)
- Software Market for Intelligent Motors Control Centers (2018-2023)
Q. Does IndustryARC customize these reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other major customizations can be discussed with our team, we can provide a separate quote based on your requirement. You can drop in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.