Global ITP therapeutics market is expected to reach USD 566.37 million by 2020. Introduction of new drugs especially pertaining to TPO-RA and IVIG classes is expected to serve this market as a high impact rendering driver. Presence of favorable government regulations such as the Orphan Drug Act in the U.S. aimed at encouraging new product development is expected to have a positive impact on the market. Most notable trend observed in this market is an increase in demand for combination therapies involving two or more drugs. Clinical evidences suggest that some combination therapies prove to be cost effective, exhibit higher efficacies and help curb side effects otherwise associated with individual therapeutic classes.
Corticosteroids are the most frequently administered therapy for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP). The global corticosteroids market for ITP was valued at over USD 125.0 million in 2013. Corticosteroids are considered as the first line of treatment in patients with ITP and therefore, enjoy very high usage rates.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- TPO-RA is the most lucrative segment of this market and is expected to witness a surge in demand owing to the potential commercialization of Avatrombopag in 2015. Moreover, the ability of this class to cater to splenectomized patients witnessing relapses attributes to such rapid growth.
- North America accounted for over 40% of the global ITP market revenue in 2013, on account of high market penetration rates and favorable regulations. Presence of an extensive number of clinical trial studies related to combination therapy and new product development is also expected to drive regional growth during the forecast period.
- Europe was the second largest regional ITP therapeutics market in 2013 and is expected to maintain its position over the forecast period. High product usage rates and the presence of government initiatives granting special status to orphan drugs are some factors accounting for its large market share.
- Asia Pacific is expected to present high future growth potential over the next six years, owing to the presence of large untapped opportunities in the emerging markets of India and China. Presence of favorable government initiatives and sophisticated healthcare infrastructure in Japan and Australia are also expected to attribute to its market attractiveness.
- Key players of the ITP therapeutics market include GSK, Amgen Inc., Grifols Biologicals Inc., Eisai and F.Hoffman-La Roche.
Latest Research Reports by Hexa Reports
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global ITP therapeutics market on the basis of product and region:
Global ITP Therapeutics Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVIG)
- Anti-D Immunoglobulin
- Thrombopoietin Receptor Agonists (TPO-RA)
ITP Therapeutics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Company Name: Hexa Reports
Contact Person: Ryan Shaw
Email: Send Email
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States