David Peacock, President of Hytrol, recently shared how Lean leadership has demonstrated effective applications of leadership principles in the modern workforce. Lean leaders are people at every level of the organization who are leading change in their companies and in the industry in three main ways.
1. They embrace new ideas. Lean leaders challenge the status quo to continuously improve their operations and companies. They will search for ways to update the existing technologies and solve problems with new technologies that pave the way to new markets. They embrace collaborative leadership—one that seeks to elicit ideas from across the full spectrum of the workforce. They recognize the value of each person involved in the process and the vision from each unique perspective.
2. They refocus on the customer. The key tenet of Lean is a focus on the customer. Leadership’s reconnection of this is imperative.
3. They utilize charismatic leadership styles. These leaders have shared values that they work to solidify at all levels of the organization. Lean leadership values its leaders as:
• Teachers – enabling others to learn
• Learners – empowering others to share ideas
• Supporters – enabling others to act
“It’s only through Lean leadership that a sustainable Lean methodology can be implemented in any workplace, including throughout the manufacturing industry. To embrace the change that has already happened and to encourage those in the organization to seek improvement through on-going changes, we have an obligation to empower folks to be a Lean leader in our organizations,” added Peacock.
To read more, go to: http://bit.ly/2d15MR5
Hytrol (www.hytrol.com) designs and manufactures advanced conveyor systems, controls, and solutions for customers with processing, manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution needs. For almost 70 years, Hytrol has demonstrated an unwavering dedication to understanding the unique material handling needs of businesses. Hytrol is focused on creating innovative, customized conveyor solutions that help companies achieve their goals. Hytrol offers Pivot Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) an essential link between people, conveyor, and automation.
To learn more, go to: http://bit.ly/1W3a1Lv
Hytrol’s Technology Center is the birthplace for many industry-changing innovations, such as EZLogic® zero-pressure accumulation and E24™, an energy efficient, 24-volt solution and an extensive line of advanced sortation offerings, ProSort 400 Elite series high speed shoe sorter, as well as the ProSort MRT series narrow belt sorter.
Hytrol is experiencing consistent growth; 2016 will be the company’s best year ever and significant plant expansion continues. Hytrol is strengthened by its Integration Partner Network with 100+ locations worldwide. Hytrol is a proud member of RILA (Retail Industry Leaders Association) MHI, CEMA (Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association), along with IABSC (International Association of Baggage System).
Follow Hytrol on Twitter @hytrol.
Company Name: Hytrol Conveyor Co. Inc.
Contact Person: Phillip Poston, Director of Communications
Email: Send Email
Address:2020 Hytrol Street
Country: United States