Graphite, a naturally occurring form of carbon, is regarded as the most stable form of carbon under standard conditions. It is an excellent conductor of heat and electricity and is also a very good lubricant. Graphite is very slippery and is one of the softest minerals on Earth. It is used in automotive industry, aerospace, batteries, and refractory. Graphite mostly occurs in high-grade metamorphic rocks that are found in abundance in the Earth’s crust across regions, including the U.S. (New York and Texas), Russia, Canada, Mexico, India, and China. Asia-Pacific has the largest market share for graphite, followed by Europe and North America. China is the largest consumers of graphite. China is also the largest producer of the mineral. Asia-Pacific is expected to maintain its dominance in the graphite market during the forecast period. Europe is expected to show marginal growth soon. However, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period. This is mainly due to increasing demand from the steel and automotive industries in the emerging markets of China and India. Increasing use of graphite in batteries, growing demand for steel, and rise in use of graphite in the automotive sector are some of the major drivers for the graphite market.
The leading market players in the global graphite market are Triton Minerals Limited, Northern Graphite Corporation, Focus Graphite Inc, Alabama Graphite Corp, Flinders Resources Limited, Energizer Resources Inc., Mason Graphite Inc, Lamboo Resources Limited, Syrah Resources Limited, SGL Carbon SE and others.
Study Objectives of Global Graphite Market Development and Demand Forecast to 2020
• To provide detailed analysis of the market structure along with forecast for the next 5 years of the various segments and sub-segments of the global graphite market development and demand market
• Upcoming technologies, high growth geographies and countries were identified
• Regional and country specific demand and forecast for graphite were studied
• Key segments covered in the report are: Forms, Applications and region
• Unit breakdown for all different classification was finalized; and same was referred for forecasting, keeping few assumptions into factor
• For all the regions: forecast demand for all applications were identified and then with historical figure, data collected through primary and annual reports were triangulated to derive the regional market size
• Historical trend is identified to forecast and estimate the future value data
• Manufactures of end-use industry
• Raw material Suppliers
• Aftermarket suppliers
• Research Institute / Education Institute
• Potential Investors
• Key executive (CEO and COO) and strategy growth manager
• In terms of value, the Asia-Pacific dominated the global graphite market in 2014; and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2015 – 2020.
• In terms of volume, the Asia-Pacific dominated the global graphite market in 2014; and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% period 2015 – 2020.
• The synthetic graphite segment hold the largest share, with $13.64 billion value, of the total market in 2014; and it is expected to reach $17.14 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 3.9% for the period 2015-2020.
• The electrode industry holds the largest share of the graphite market in 2014.
Regional and Country Analysis of Graphite Market Estimation and Forecast
Geographically, Asia-Pacific is the largest market for graphite. The Asia-Pacific graphite market is expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period (2015–2020). North America is one of the prominent markets for graphite. As per the research report, the sale of electric vehicles in North America is expected to rise at a CAGR of 30.0% from 2012 to 2020.
Table of Content: Key Points
Chapter 1. Research Scope and Methodology 14
Chapter 2. Executive Summary 18
Chapter 3. Market Outlook 20
Chapter 4. Global Market Size and Forecast (2011 – 2020) 25
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349