The Global Spinal Fusion Devices Market, by Device Type (Spinal Plating Systems, Interbody Cages, and Pedicle Screw Systems), by Procedure Type (Cervical Spine, Thoracic spine, and Lumbar Spine), by End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Center, Orthopedic Center, and Others) and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa) was valued at US$ 7,462.4 million in 2016 and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.6% over the forecast period (2015 – 2025), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights. Rapid product launch by key players of global spinal fusion devices market is expected drive the growth of market in near future.
Request Sample Copy of this Business Report:
In 2016, Medtronic Plc. launched its Pivox Oblique Lateral Spinal System with Lateral Plate for Oblique Lateral Interbody Fusion 25 (OLIF25), and Divergence-L Anterior/Oblique Lumbar Fusion System for OLIF51 at the International Meeting on Advanced Spine Techniques (IMAST) in Washington, D.C. The Pivox Oblique Lateral Spinal System with Lateral Plate is an innovative interbody cage and plate engineered for the OLIF25 procedure. The OLIF25 Procedure helps surgeons preserve the patient’s psoas muscle when treating the L2-L5 levels, and OLIF51 Procedure provides lateral access to the L5-S1 disc space and doesn’t require surgeons to reposition the patient. In 2017, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. launched its Avenue T TLIF Cage in U.S. The Avenue T TLIF Cage system is indicated for intervertebral body fusion of the lumbar spine, from L2 to S1, in skeletally mature patients who have had six months of non-operative treatment. In 2014, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. launched Vitality+ and Vital Spinal Fixation Systems in U.S. The Vital Spinal Fixation System is a subsystem of the Vitality Spinal Fixation System. In 2015, Globus Medical, Inc. expanded its expandable spacer’s portfolio with the launch of RISE-L, a lateral lumbar interbody fusion (LLIF) device. RISE-L is a vertically expanding LLIF device designed to minimize impaction, maximize indirect decompression, and provide a large graft space optimal for fusion potential. In 2017, Stryker’s Spine division launched its Tritanium C Anterior Cervical Cage, a 3D-printed interbody fusion cage intended for use in the cervical spine. The Tritanium C Anterior Cervical cage is the latest addition to Stryker’s expanding line of spinal implants constructed from its proprietary Tritanium Technology.
Browse 46 Market Data Tables and 40 Figures spread through 200 Pages and in-depth TOC on Global Spinal Fusion Devices Market by Device Type (Spinal Plating Systems, Interbody Cages, and Pedicle Screw Systems), by Procedure Type (Cervical Spine, Thoracic spine, and Lumbar Spine), by End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Center, Orthopedic Center, and Others), and Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa) – Global Forecast to 2025
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the global spinal fusion devices market, click the link below:
Increasing prevalence of spinal disorders such as degenerative disc diseases, spinal fractures, and trauma, herniated discs is expected to increase demand for spinal fusion devices and hence expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. For instance, according to a study published by World Health Organization (WHO) in 2013, globally around 250 000 and 500 000 people suffer a spinal cord injury (SCI) every year and the majority of injuries are due causes such as road traffic crashes, falls or violence.
Key Takeaways of the Global Spinal Fusion Devices Market:
- The global spinal fusion devices market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.6% over the forecast period (2015 – 2025), owing to rapid product launches by key players present in market. For instance, VGI Medical, LLC, launched VerteLP Lateral Interbody Fusion System in 2017, which provides advantages such as limitation of axial rotation with the help of bilateral plate fixation system to increase the stability of the segment and avoids pedicle screws.
- Lack of alternative therapy and treatment approach is expected to be the major driving factor for growth of global spinal fusion device market. Surgical procedures provide permanent solution to spinal problems, as they help regain spinal cord stability, integrity, achieving decompression of the vertebrae
- North America was the dominant region in the market and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period (2015 – 2025), owing to increasing prevalence of spinal disorders such as degenerative disc diseases, spinal fractures and trauma, and herniated discs
- Key players are focusing on expanding its market presence by launching novel devices and receiving marketing approvals of their new products in key geographies
- Major players operating in the global spinal fusion devices market include Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., Stryker Corporation, Inc., Exactech, Inc., Orthofix International N.V., Globus Medical, Inc., NuVasive, Inc., Medtronic Plc., Depuy Synthes, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Wenzel Spine, Inc., K2M Group Holdings, Inc., Centinel Spine, Inc., and Spineart Geneva SA.
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154
Company Name: Coherent Market Insights
Contact Person: Mr. Shah
Email: Send Email
Address:1001 4th Ave, #3200
Country: United States