In 2016, the global seed treatment market was valued at US$ 19,276.9 million and is expected to reach US$ 36,957.1 million by 2025, witnessing a CAGR of 7.81% over the forecast period (2017 – 2025), according to Seed Treatment Market Report, by Crop Type (Cereals & Grains, Sugar Beets, Alfalfa, Oil Seeds, Sugarcane, and Vegetables), by Treatment Type (Chemical Treatment and Non-chemical Treatment), by Application (Insecticides, Fungicides, Herbicides, Fertilizers, and Bio-Control) published by Coherent Market Insights. The biological or chemical substances that are applied to seeds or vegetative propagation materials to control the disease insects, organisms or pests are defined as seed treatment. The low cost crop protection solution and increasing world population coupled with increasing demand for food are some of the factors driving growth of the seed treatment market. Feeding the growing population is one of the challenges faced by the world coupled with declining agricultural land owing to soil erosion, higher salinity levels, and increasing urbanization. The utilization of seed treatment has been associated with increasing yield. According to the United Nations, the world population is expected to increase from 7.6 billion in 2017 to 9.8 billion in 2050.
However, limited protection and low shelf life of the treated seeds are factors restraining the market growth.
Request a Sample Copy before Buying @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/1397
Browse 460 pages, 180 market data tables* and 110 figures* on “Seed Treatment Market” – Global forecast to 2025.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Seed Treatment Market:
- Among crop types, the cereals & grains segment accounted for highest market share of 47.96% in 2016. Seed treatment is used for disinfecting the seeds from soil-borne or seed-borne pathogenic organisms and is widely used for cereals and grains such as wheat, maize, and rice. The application of seed treatment fungicides helps in controlling various diseases such as common bunt, dwarf bunt, loose smut, seed decay, bare patch, and common root rot in small grain cereals such as wheat and barley
- Among applications, herbicides accounted for the largest share in seed treatment market in 2016. This is attributed to an increasing demand for controlling the spread of parasitic weeds such as striga and witchweed
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- According to Coherent Market Insights’ analysis, Latin America held a largest market share both in terms of value and volume in the global seed treatment market in 2016. Argentina is the major wheat producing country in Latin America. According to Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the wheat production in Argentina was 14 million tonnes in 2016 and increased up to 16.65 million tonnes in 2017. Furthermore, economies such as Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Mexico also have high production of wheat. Wheat blast disease is also a major concern affecting total yield and leading to major economic loss in the region. The disease is widespread in Brazil, Bolivia, and Paraguay, which in turn is boosting market growth, as seed treatment is majorly used to control wheat blast and prevent spread of pathogen
- Asia Pacific is the second largest region in global seed treatment market. This is due to increasing demand for grain and agricultural activities in this region. According to Indian Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), favorable policies such as Rajiv Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) was launched in 2008 with an outlay of 1.2 billion aiming to increase outlays for agriculture supporting the growth of this sector. Also, India is the second largest producer of rice, wheat, and fruits & vegetables, and is expected to increase its food grain production to 280.6 million tonnes by 2020-21
- Several market players have undertaken steps such as merger & acquisition and new product launch to meet increasing demand from consumers and enhance their business in the seed treatment market. For instance, in 2017, Sumitomo Chemical, Japan-based chemical company and DuPont Crop Protection, part of DowDuPont’s agriculture division signed a long-term agreement to accelerate the commercialization and development of novel seed treatment technologies
- The key players operating in seed treatment market include Syngenta AG, Bayer AG, Nufarm Limited, BASF S.E., Monsanto Company, DowDuPont Inc., Sumitomo Chemical Company, Limited, Albaugh, LLC, FMC Corporation, and Lanxess AG.
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154
Company Name: Coherent Market Insights
Contact Person: Mr. Shah
Email: Send Email
Address:1001 4th Ave, #3200
Country: United States