- PVC pipes have a smooth inner surface and are capable of handling high liquid pressure. This makes them suitable for piping applications in the construction industry which is growing due to rapid urbanization and inflating incomes, thereby stimulating the demand for PVC pipes worldwide.
- One of the primary factors for the wide acceptance of PVC pipes among the consumers is their distinctive properties such as flexibility, eco-friendliness, light-weight, ease of installation, cost-effectiveness, non-toxicity, resistance to corrosion and inert nature.
- PVC pipes are replacing traditional concrete pipes in the disaster-prone areas as they can withstand extreme movements, rigorous shaking and bending without experiencing any damage.
- PVC pipes are brittle and prone to thermal deformation which limit their usage for transferring fluids at room temperature. Apart from this, the availability of substitutes, such as high-density polyethylene (HDPE), steel, cross-liked polyethylene (PEX), etc., are restricting the growth of the PVC pipes market.
PVC pipes currently find myriad applications across various sectors. Irrigation represents the largest application segment accounting for nearly a half of the total demand. This can be accredited to the durability of PVC pipes and their capability of handling the sudden pressure of water in comparison to their traditional counterparts. Irrigation is followed by water supply, sewerage and drainage, plumbing, HVAC, and oil and gas.
Want more information about this market? Request a free report sample
On a geographical front, Asia enjoys the leading position in the global PVC pipes market on account of its high demand in the region supported by growing population, inflating disposable incomes and changing lifestyles. Asia is followed by Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
The market is highly fragmented in nature with the presence of several small and large manufacturers who compete in terms of quality and price. There is an intense competition in the market which makes it difficult for small players to survive without any acquisition. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- China Lesso Group Holdings Ltd.
- Fujian Aton New Material Technology Co. Ltd.
- Hebei Bosoar Pipe Co. Ltd.
- Pipelife Austria Gmbh & Co Kg
- Plasticos Ferro Sl
Browse related reports:
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.