OVERLAND PARK, KS – August 9, 2017 – Global Connections, Inc. (GCI) a well-known travel club fulfillment and service provider has shared some personal and professional advice with members of Building Better Moms (BBM) in Leawood, KS. GCI travel staff has visited the group on a monthly basis offering do’s and don’ts for family travel and answering the mom’s travel questions. BBM focuses on connecting moms through learning, growing and serving together.
According to Victoria Hoffman, Creative Director of GCI, “Our professional team knows the ins and outs of numerous travel niches. Moms need good ideas for traveling with youngsters of all ages, and several of our team are parents themselves. We’ve been happy to share specific options, many of which our agents have experienced personally.”
Here are some ideas to help families travel better and more successfully:
1. Ease the stress of travel with an all-inclusive experience which caters to families. Whether it’s all-inclusive pioneer Club Med or kid-oriented Nickelodeon resorts by Karisma, the opportunities for relaxation are endless when all your creature comforts and entertainment options are taken care of.
2. Road Trips are an ideal way to engage children during travel. Make sure you have plenty of travel games, kids’ snacks, and videos on hand as you explore the countryside. Remember to stop often as children (and their parents) get antsy and need to move about at least every two hours—or even more frequently.
3. Bring along extra time! Try to keep your itinerary flexible for situations that encourage more time, or for last minute delays or emergencies. Sticking to a tight schedule with children can be problematic. Same goes for grown-ups on vacation. Taking time to “smell the roses” will make your holiday all the more sweet.
4. Little ones manage to get sick at the most inconvenient times. Bring along easy to swallow medicines and pack a first aid kit for those unexpected run-ins with nature such as bug bites, or minor accidents like scraped knees.
5. Look into guided tours designed for families. There is a wealth of opportunities for specialty family tours for all ages and generations. Some to explore are Backroads Family Vacations, Adventures by Disney ® and G Adventures.
Looking for guidance? Talk with an expert travel agent who can help with suggestions, arrangements and ideas that fit any budget. For travel help visit Global Connections Travel or call 855-999-7654.
About Global Connections, Inc.
Global Connections, Inc. is based in Overland Park, KS, opening in 1996 as a travel club fulfillment and service provider. Considered a leader in the travel club industry, GCI offers the members of its Global Discovery Vacations club program a wide variety of leisure benefits and vacation options at more than 700 North American resorts. GCI is the developer and owner of resorts in California, Florida, Tennessee and Colorado as well as owning and leasing numerous resort condominium units throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Caribbean.
For more information about GCI visit exploregci.com.
Melanie Gring: 561-417-7559
Media Contact: Georgi Bohrod 619-255-1661