Steady increase in the usage & application of computational biology for bioinformatics R&D programs designed for sequencing genomes to better understand biological systems and increasing number of clinical studies in pharmacogenomics and pharmacokinetics for novel drug discovery studies are expected to drive computational biology demand over the next six years.
Computational genomics for cellular and biological simulation applications dominated the market in 2013, accounting for over 47% of global revenue. Key factors driving demand for these applications include the growth of drug designing, disease modeling and personalized medicine applications and the growing usage of computational biology for functional and structural genomics, epigenomics and metagenomics for the analysis of protein transcription, protein-protein interactions, gene sequencing and expression and 3-dimensional protein structure analysis.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Computational Biology Market Analysis By Application (Cellular & Biological Simulation, Pharmacogenomics, Drug Discovery, Drug Development, Lead Optimization, Lead Discovery, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, Disease Modeling, Clinical Trials), By Service (In-house, Contract), By End User (Academics, Industry, Commercial) And Segment Forecasts To 2020” at:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- North America was the largest regional market, accounting for 58.0% of the global revenue in 2013. Its large share is majorly attributed to the growing research investments and initiatives for development of drug discovery, disease modeling technologies and innovations in biological computation methods. It is expected that Asia Pacific will witness the fastest growth in the market, at an estimated CAGR of 28.0% owing to the increasing expenditure in clinical studies for pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenomics.
- The application of computational biology in proteomics for cellular simulation is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of over 22% owing to the shift in sequencing studies towards further analysis of the nature of various biological proteins as a part of development of personalized medicine.
- Drug discovery and disease modelling applications dominated the market, accounting for 58.0% of global revenue in 2013. This large share is attributed by the extensive drug development pipelines present for a number of global branded and generic drug manufacturing firms such as Sanofi, Novo Nordisk and Eli Lilly.
- Computational Biology databases dominated the tools segment and accounted for 44.5% of the market revenue in 2013, owing to extensive genomic database usage for warehousing and data mining of biological and sequential data generated from genomic and proteomic studies. Consequentially, the software and services for the analysis of biological data is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of over 21.0%.
- Key players of this market include Schrodinger, Accelrys, Certara, Entelos, Simulation Plus and others.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
Computational Biology Application Outlook
Cellular & Biological Simulation
- Computational Genomics
- Computational Proteomics
- Others (Transcriptomics/Metabolomics)
- Drug Discovery and Disease Modelling
- Target Identification
- Target Validation
- Lead Discovery
- Lead Optimization
Preclinical Drug Development
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Phase III
Computational Biology Tools Outlook
- Infrastructure (Hardware)
- Analysis Software & Services
Computational Biology Services Outlook
Computational Biology End User Outlook
Computational Biology Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Latest Report by Radiant Insights:
- Global Interactive Display Market:
- Global Light Vehicle Engine Market:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit: http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States