The global coal fired power generation installed capacity is expected to reach 2,072.8 GW by 2020. Availability of coal at cheap prices mainly in coal rich Asian countries is expected to remain a key driving factor for the market. In addition, rising electricity consumption on account of growing energy need, especially from emerging markets, is also expected to have a positive impact on market demand. However, stringent regulatory outlook mainly in Europe and North America along with a definitive push for clean or sustainable energy may hinder market growth over the next six years.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Coal Fired Power Generation Market Analysis By Technology (Pulverized Coal Systems, Cyclone Furnaces), By Application (Residential, Commercial) And Segment Forecasts To 2020” at:
Commercial applications dominated coal fired power generation demand, accounting for 55.7% of total market in 2013. In addition to being the largest application segment, commercial applications are also expected to be the fastest growing application segment, at an estimated CAGR of 3% from 2014 to 2020.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Pulverized coal systems dominated the technology market for coal fired power generation and accounted for over half of the total capacity installed in 2013. Global installed capacity for cyclone furnaces based coal fired power generation is expected to reach 614.7 GW in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 2.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest regional market and accounted for just over 55% of total installed capacity in 2013. Asia Pacific along with being the largest market is also expected to be the fastest growing market for coal fired power generation at an estimated CAGR of 3.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- Some of the leading companies operating in the global market include China Huaneng Group, China Datang Corporation, Korea Electric Power Corporation, Shenhua Group Corporation Limited, Duke Energy Corporation, National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, E.ON SE and American Electric Power Company Inc.
Global Coal Fired Power Generation Technology Outlook (Volume, Giga Watts, 2012 – 2020)
- Pulverized Coal Systems
- Cyclone Furnace
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
Global Coal Fired Power Generation Application Outlook (Volume, Giga Watts, 2012 – 2020)
Coal Fired Power Generation Regional Outlook (Volume, Giga Watts, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports By Radiant Insights:
- Global Radiation Therapy Market:
- Global Power Sports Market:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States