The global market for automotive plastics is expected to reach USD 41.49 billion by 2020. Shift in trend towards reducing the overall weight of automobiles in both developed and emerging markets is expected to drive the market for automotive plastics over the forecast period. However, volatile raw material prices are expected to remain a key challenge for market participants.
Polypropylene emerged as the leading product segment and accounted for 37.6% of total market volume in 2013, followed by polyurethane at 16%. Polyurethane is also expected to be the fastest growing product segment, at an estimated CAGR of 9.9% from 2014 to 2020.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Automotive Plastics Market Analysis By Product (Polypropylene, Polyurethane, HDPE, LDPE, ABS, Polycarbonate, Composites), By Application (Interior, Exterior & Under Bonnet) And Segment Forecasts To 2020” at:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global automotive plastics demand was 7,962.1 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 14,851.0 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 9.4% from 2014 to 2020.
- Electrical components were the most dominant application for automotive plastics as the segment accounted for 37% of total market volume in 2013. Electrical components were followed by interior and exterior furnishings at 32.8% of total market volume in the same year. Power trains are expected to be the fastest growing application market for automotive plastics at an estimated CAGR of 10.4% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific continued its dominance in the global automotive plastics industry and accounted for 53.2% of total market volume in 2013 and is expected to continue leading the market over the forecast period. Asia Pacific along with the largest market is also expected to be one of the fastest growing markets for automotive plastics, at an estimated CAGR of 10.0% from 2014 to 2020. Growth of automotive industry particularly in emerging markets of China and India is expected to fuel the regional demand for automotive plastics.
- The global market for automotive plastics is fairly concentrated with top four companies including BASF, Johnson Control Inc., Evonik Industries and AkzoNobel accounting for just over 55% of total market in 2013. Other key companies operating in the global market include Delphi Automotive PLC, Solvay Plastics, DIC Corporation and Magna International Inc.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
Global Automotive plastics Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
Global Automotive plastics Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Power Trains
- Electrical Components
- Interior and Exterior Furnishings
- Under the Hood
Global Automotive plastics Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Global Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market:
2015 Global Infectious Disease Diagnostics Industry Report is a professional and in-depth research report on the world’s major regional market conditions of the Infectious Disease Diagnostics industry, focusing on the main regions (North America, Europe and Asia) and the main countries (United States, Germany, Japan and China).
- Global HVDC Transmission Market:
2015 Global HVDC Transmission Industry Report is a professional and in-depth research report on the world’s major regional market conditions of the HVDC Transmission industry, focusing on the main regions (North America, Europe and Asia) and the main countries (United States, Germany, Japan and China).
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States