Global antidiabetics market is expected to reach USD 84.13 billion by 2020. Growing prevalence of diabetes is the primary driver of this market. Growth in prevalence of disease causing lifestyle disorders such as irregular dietary habits and obesity is also expected to boost product demand by triggering incidence rates of target diseases. Future commercialization of products currently in the pipeline and the presence of large untapped opportunities in the emerging Asia Pacific and Latin American markets is expected to fuel future market growth.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Antidabetics Market Analysis By Product (Insulin, Biguanides, Thiazolodinediones, GLP-agonists, Sulphonylureas, DPP-4 inhibitors, SGLT-2, Alpha-glucosidase Inhibitors, Meglitinides) And Segment Forecasts To 2020” at:
Insulin was the most revenue generating segment and its market was valued at over USD 20.0 billion in 2013. Insulin is also one of the most lucrative segments of this market. Introduction of new products exhibiting higher efficacy coupled with the presence of favorable government initiatives are some factors attributing to its market attractiveness.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Long acting insulin was the leading product segment in 2013 and is expected to grow at the CAGR of over 15.0% during the forecast period. The introduction of advanced products, high prices associated with these products and the phasing out of human insulin are some key factors attributing for its large share.
- Rapid uptake of newly approved DPP-4 inhibitors such as Januvia, Nesina and Onglyza on account of their once daily dosage regimens and safety profiles catalyzed the growth of this market.
- North America was the most matured antidiabetics market in 2013 accounting for over 43.0% of the market High market penetration of insulin and other antidiabetics and the presence of sophisticated reimbursement framework are expected to drive regional market growth.
- Asia Pacific is expected to present manufacturers with lucrative future growth opportunities. Large presence of unmet patient needs and rapidly improving healthcare infrastructure are some factors expected to drive market growth in the region. The market is also expected to be driven by the introduction of cheaper products made available by local manufacturers.
- Some key market players of antidiabetics include Sanofi Aventis, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Eli Lilly, Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc., Merck & Co. Inc., Novo Nordisk, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Halozyme Therapeutics and Pfizer.
- The market is oligopolistic in nature with few players accounting for over 70% of the market. Extensive R&D investments aimed at new product development and entering new markets via government contracts are the key sustainability strategies adopted by these organizations.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
Global Insulin Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Rapid acting
- Long acting
- Premixed analog
- Short acting
- Intermediate acting
Global Antidiabetics Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors
- GLP-1 agonist
- DPP-4 inhibitors
- SGLT – 2
Antidiabetics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports By Radiant Insights:
- Global Solid-State Lighting Market:
2015 Global Solid-State Lighting Industry Report is a professional and in-depth research report on the world’s major regional market conditions of the Solid-State Lighting industry, focusing on the main regions (North America, Europe and Asia) and the main countries (United States, Germany, Japan and China).
- Global High-purity Alumina Market:
The report firstly introduced the High-purity Alumina basics: definitions, classifications, applications and industry chain overview; industry policies and plans; product specifications; manufacturing processes; cost structures and so on. Then it analyzed the world’s main region market conditions, including the product price, profit, capacity, production, capacity utilization, supply, demand and industry growth rate etc. In the end, the report introduced new project SWOT analysis, investment feasibility analysis, and investment return analysis.
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States