Glaucoma is a common, asymptomatic group of eye diseases that causes damage to the eye’s optic nerve, resulting in progressive, irreversible vision loss. Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide, especially in elderly people. Glaucoma is generally categorized as open-angle glaucoma (OAG), angle-closure glaucoma (ACG), or secondary glaucoma (SG), though other less common types exist. OAG and ACG can be classified as primary (primary open-angle glaucoma [POAG] or primary angle-closure glaucoma [PACG], respectively) or SG, depending on the cause.
To forecast the total prevalent cases of POAG, PACG, NTG, PPG, and SG in the 7MM, epidemiologists selected nationally representative, population-based studies that provided these epidemiological data in the 7MM. epidemiologists obtained data for the diagnosed prevalent cases of PPG from primary market research and authentic secondary sources. In addition, the forecast is supported by robust, country-specific data that were obtained from various authentic sources, such as research articles published in peer-reviewed journals.
In the 7MM, the total prevalent cases of POAG will increase from 7,224,135 cases in 2016 to 8,549,547 cases in 2026, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.83%. In the 7MM, the total prevalent cases of PACG will increase from 2,644,012 cases in 2016 to 3,124,740 cases in 2026, at an AGR of 1.82% forecasts that all markets will see an increase in the total prevalent cases and diagnosed prevalent cases of POAG and PACG during the forecast period.
– The Glaucoma EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of glaucoma in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the total prevalent cases and diagnosed prevalent cases of primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) or primary angle-closure glaucoma (PACG), segmented by sex and age (40-49 years, 50-59 years, 60-69 years, 70-79 years, and ages 80 years and older) in these markets. In addition, this report provides a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the total prevalent cases and diagnosed prevalent cases of glaucoma clinical types normal-tension glaucoma (NTG), pre perimetric glaucoma (PPG), and secondary glaucoma (SG). The report also includes the diagnosed incident cases of acute PACG.
– The glaucoma epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
– The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The Glaucoma EpiCast report will allow you to –
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global glaucoma market.
– Quantify patient populations in the global glaucoma market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for glaucoma therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
– Understand the population of glaucoma clinical types NTG, PPG, and SG.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 3
1.2 List of Figures 3
2 Executive Summary 5
2.1 Related Reports 8
2.2 Upcoming Reports 8
3 Epidemiology 9
3.1 Disease Background 9
3.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 10
3.3 Global and Historical Trends 10
3.4 Forecast Methodology 12
3.4.1 Sources 13
3.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 18
3.4.3 Total Prevalent Cases of POAG 18
3.4.4 Total Prevalent Cases of PACG 20
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349