The Global Gene Expression Market is expected to reach USD 11.3 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Globally rising demand for targeted molecular therapeutics coupled with rising adoption of precision medicine is anticipated to fuel market growth.
Understanding gene expression under different conditions as well as the effects it has on different metabolic activities has opened various vistas for the development of a novel generation of molecular therapeutics. Search for methods to manipulate the way a coding DNA is expressed as a cure to different conditions arising due to abnormally expressed genes is expected to drive market.
Target expression analysis and single cell analysis using low- to mid- plex techniques to identify smallest differences and correlations in gene expression. Novel products focusing on with improved efficiency and reliability are launched for smaller samples. Increased interest stem cell and gene therapy are projected to propel revenue generation for the market.
Emerging NGS technologies coupled with their drastically declining prices are anticipated to boost adoption of gene expression techniques. Furthermore, government support through initiatives such as Precision Medicine Initiative would encourage private investments in the sector leading to market growth.
Drug discovery and development was estimated with largest share owing to higher adoption in drug response testing for severs and complicated diseases such as all types of cancer, tuberculosis, cardiac conditions and rare genetic disorders. However, clinical diagnostic application is projected with fastest growth owing to rising demand for rapid and accurate diagnosis of complex diseases coupled with their higher incidence.
Rising demand for precision medicine, higher prevalence of genetic disorders, and rapid advances in biotechnology is attributive to largest contribution to revenue by North America. Owing to the presence of countries, witnessing rapid economic developments and demand for better health care solutions Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest growth.
Full Research Report on Global Gene Expression Market Analysis:
UK gene expression analysis market, by Process, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- RNA expression dominated the market with respect to analysis technique as the increased interest of researchers has been observed to have been directed to understanding RNA activity to better understand its effects on diseases
- As there are a high number of products available for low to mid-plexing of gene expression, the segment was observed to have accounted for the higher share
- Rising focus on higher accuracy is anticipated to drive growth of high-plex techniques.
- Moreover, increased focus on cancer genomic is anticipated to bolster growth
- Introduction of improved data analytics & interpretation with high turnaround efficiency coupled with increase in incidences of target diseases are vital factor influencing R&D.
- Substantial adoption of gene expression techniques the U.S. can be attributed for the largest share of North American market.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness a high growth rate due to the presence of initiatives by key market participants to enhance presence in these emerging economies due to the presence of untapped potential
- Key players contributing in this market are Qiagen, Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Illumina, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Oxford Gene Technology, TAKARA,Biocartis Group NV, MYRIAD GENETICS, INC.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/biotechnology
Gene expression market, by region, 2016 (%)
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Gene Expression Analysis Market on the basis of process, product, capacity, technique, application, and region:
Process Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Sample Collection
- cDNA synthesis & conversion
- PCR Analysis
- Data analysis & interpretation
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Kits & Reagents
- DNA Chips
Capacity Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Low- to Mid- Plex
Technique Category Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- RNA Expression
- Northern Blotting
- DNA Microarrays
- PCR Techniques
- Promoter Analysis
- In vitro Transcription/Nuclear Run-On Assays
- Gel Shift Assays
- Chromatin Immunoprecipitation (ChIP)
- Protein Expression & Posttranslational Modification Analysis
- Western Blotting
- 2-D Gel Electrophoresis
- Mass Spectrometry
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Drug Discovery & Development
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Biotechnology & Microbiology
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
View Press Release Of This Report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more Information visit: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States