GaN Semiconductor Device Global Market – Overview
Gallium Nitride (GaN) is an emerging substitute for pure silicon in semiconductors. Used widely in LED diodes, GaN is a resilient compound that possesses a Wurzite crystalline structure composition. Being a highly power efficient compound, GaN is capable of working with high frequencies and also has the capability to radiate high brightness when used in an opto-semiconductor.
Gallium nitride semiconductors are increasingly being preferred over silicon technology because GaN semiconductors are better able to handle high intensity power and temperature. Other unique features include high speed switching capacity, low resistance, high dielectric strength and high current density. Such unique features and the high efficiency make GaN an apt semiconductors technology for transistors, diodes, power amplifiers, supply and inverter, amplifiers, lighting and laser and switching systems.
Get Sample of Report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/1174
Market Research Future’s (MRFR) market report on GaN semiconductor devices takes a closer look at the market to uncover trends and project a CAGR for the forecast period. The report identifies key drivers for the market and provides a deeper understanding of what trends can be expected in the semiconductor industry during the forecast period.
GaN semiconductor devices are commonly used in sectors such as automotive, telecommunications, consumer electronics and medical. Additionally, MRFR’s study has identified several sectors where there is an upsurge in demand for semiconductors, including military applications, space applications and power electronics. This increase in demand can be attributed to a greater stability in radioactive surroundings, an impressive ability to control electrons and low manufacturing costs.
Key market drivers include swift evolution of automated devices and a growing demand for wireless devices. Silicon carbide (SiC) semiconductor devices are projected to be a strong competition for the GaN semiconductor devices, which is likely to restrict the market growth to some extent during the assessment period. At the same time, environmental issues associated with manufacturing of GaN semiconductor devices remains a major concern for market players. Despite these challenges, the GaN semiconductors market is expected to achieve a CAGR of 8% and reach a valuation of USD 27 billion during the forecast period of 2017 – 2023.
The prominent players in GaN Semiconductor Devices Market are – Cognitive Operational Systems, Inc. (U.S.), Haapie SAS (France), KinderLab Robotics (U.S.), Tinybots (Netherlands), BKIN Technologies Limited (Canada), R.U. Robots Limited (U.K.), Behaviour Labs SRL (Italy), Heron Robots SRL (Italy), Perceptronic Solutions, Inc. (U.S.), Cognitive Spring (U.S.) among others.
Latest Industry News
- Cree has announced that it has signed a non-exclusive, global, royalty bearing patent license agreement with Dutch company, Nexperia BV. The agreement gives Nexperia access to Cree’s expansive GaN power device patent portfolio. Years of innovation and development efforts is now allowing Cree to help facilitate further market growth.
- The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) is evaluating and validating Panasonic’s X-GaN power transistors for possible use in its ongoing development of relevant space technologies. Potential for approval of use for aforementioned activities appears to be high. Space radiation is one of the main reasons that these devices are being considered- GaN semiconductor devices display the ability to successfully withstand radiation.
The GaN semiconductor devices market is segmented on the basis of type, wafer size, devices and end user.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into Opto semiconductors, power semiconductor and RF semiconductors.
- Based on wafer size the market is segmented into 2 inches, 4 inches and 6 inches and above.
- Based on devices, the market is segmented into transistor, diode, rectifier, power ICs, power drivers, supply & inverter, amplifiers, lighting & laser and switching systems.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into automotive, aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, telecommunication and medical.
MRFR’s report also offers a segmental analysis of the market based on region, which include North America, Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe, the Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Latin America.
North America presently leads the global GaN semiconductor devices market. The United States of America accounts for the largest contribution to the growth of the region’s market, primarily due to the swift development in aerospace. There is also an increasing demand for semiconductor devices in military applications, oil and gas industry and emergency medical services.
Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for GaN semiconductors during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to presence of leading semiconductor manufacturers in the region. Europe is another region that is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period due to a growing demand.
Get Complete Report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/gan-semiconductor-devices-market-1174
- End users of the gallium nitride semiconductor device
- Wafer equipment manufacturers
- Integrated devices manufacturers (IDMs)
- Distributors and traders
- Technology providers
- Research organizations and consulting companies
- Government agencies
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients. Our market research studies by products, services, technologies, applications, end users, and market players for global, regional, and country level market segments, enable our clients to see more, know more, and do more, which help to answer all their most important questions.
In order to stay updated with technology and work process of the industry, MRFR often plans & conducts meet with the industry experts and industrial visits for its research analyst members.
Company Name: Market Research Future
Contact Person: Akash Anand
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9312
Address:Market Research Future Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers Magarpatta Road, Hadapsar, Pune –