The five-year survival rate is approximately 45%, although the disease is ultimately fatal in the majority of patients due to a high rate of recurrence. Surgery is generally considered an effective treatment for localized tumors, however the management of recurrent and later-stage disease is largely reliant on cytotoxic chemotherapy regimens. A highly active ovarian cancer pipeline contains an array of diverse molecule types and molecular targets, in contrast to the market.
With the diversity in the pipeline, there is hope that innovative products can make it to market to provide patients with greater therapeutic options, while meeting unmet needs within ovarian cancer. There are 179 ovarian cancer pipeline products associated with a first-in-class molecular target representing 52% of the total pancreatic cancer pipeline products that have a disclosed molecular target. Such a diverse and innovative pipeline implies that approaches to ovarian cancer treatment are changing and first-in-class development is playing a significant role in this.
Browse Detailed Report With TOC at:
Frontier Pharma Ovarian Cancer Market
Chemotherapy based regimens continue to dominate the market, which has seen few new entrants over the past decade. Lynparza (olaparib) is a key new entrant; however it is only effective in a small patient subset.
– What survival benefits do current therapies provide?
– What are the current unmet needs that the pipeline needs to address?
The pipeline places increased focus on targeted therapies, including a large number of therapies targeting common oncogenic pathways and signaling intermediates such as PI3K/Akt.
– What potential do mAbs have in ovarian cancer treatment?
– Will pipeline diversity translate to clinically and commercially successful therapies?
– How are common target families, such as intracellular signal transduction associated with pathophysiology?
52% of pipeline products act on a first-in-class target, which is higher than the oncology and industry averages.
– Do first-in-class products show strong progression into the later stages?
– Why is the greatest number of first-in-class products seen in signal transduction?
Browse All Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Market Research Related Reports at:
Reasons to buy:
This report will allow you to:
– Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape. This includes a comprehensive study of disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis and the available treatment options available at each stage of diagnosis.
– Visualize the composition of the Ovarian Cancer Market in terms of dominant molecule types and targets, highlighting what the current unmet needs are and how they can be addressed. This knowledge allows a competitive understanding of gaps in the current market.
– Analyze the ovarian cancer pipeline, and stratify by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target. There are promising signs in the pipeline that the industry is seeking novel approaches the treating ovarian cancer.
– Assess the therapeutic potential of first-in-class targets. Using a proprietary matrix, first-in-class products have been assessed and ranked according to clinical potential. Promising early-stage targets have been further reviewed in greater detail.
– Identify commercial opportunities in the ovarian cancer deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals and producing a curated list of ovarian cancer therapies that are not yet involved in deals and may be potential investment opportunities.
Request A Sample copy of This Report at:
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Our Website: http://www.hexareports.com
Company Name: Hexa Reports
Contact Person: Ryan Shaw
Email: Send Email
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States