Leaders in the orthodontic field and members of the American Board of Orthodontics, Drs. Moshiri have served St. Louis and surrounding areas for over 30 years. Offering orthodontic treatments including dentofacial orthopedics, TMJ disorder therapy, braces, and Invisalign® aligners for teens and adults.
St Louis, MO – 19 Oct, 2015 – For most children and teens, October means one thing: Halloween candy. For orthodontists like Dr. Mazyar Moshiri, it’s a month for encouraging patients to maintain a beautiful, healthy smile in honor of National Orthodontic Health Month.
With Halloween around the corner, those treats can end up being a tricky proposition on patients and their appliances. Which is why orthodontist Dr. Moshiri of Moshiri Orthodontics offers the community five important tips to protect braces, aligners and other orthodontic “appliances” in addition to protecting teeth from decay.
Here are Dr. Moshiri’s five tips for parents, teens and children to help them protect their teeth and orthodontic appliances:
1. Avoid the sticky candies: To protect your braces and aligners, Dr. Moshiri recommends staying away from hard, sticky, crunchy or chewy candy and snacks, which include caramel, gummies, licorice, taffy, bubblegum (even the sugarless kind, jelly beans and soft drinks.
2. Say “boo” to hard treats: including hard-shelled peanut candies, nuts or nut-filled candies, taco chips and popcorn (especially unpopped kernels). And whether in orthodontic treatment or not, Dr. Moshiri cautions to at all costs avoid chewing on ice.
3. Remember to brush up!: Sweets can lead to cavities, which means brushing and flossing daily are more important than ever during the Halloween season. Orthodontic patients should be especially vigilant about brushing and flossing after consuming sugary or starchy foods.
4. Not all Halloween candy is off-limits: Some alternatives for St Louis-area residents this season include soft chocolates, peanut butter cups or other melt-in-your-mouth varieties. Recommendations for orthodontic-friendly recipes for Halloween are available from The American Association of Orthodontists at their website http://mylifemysmile.org/pressroom
5. Commit to maintaining oral health: You’ll increase your success rate if you’re able to commit to avoiding hard and chewy treats BEFORE the Halloween season, and in doing so, reduces the chance that you’ll break something on your braces.
“I don’t want to rule out any treats for orthodontic patients during this Halloween season,” says Dr. Moshiri. “I definitely want people to enjoy themselves on Halloween, but at the same time, we encourage everyone especially orthodontic patients, to enjoy acceptable treats in moderation, and take the few minutes daily to brush and floss their teeth. Once patients get to the end of their orthodontic treatment and see their bright, new beautiful smiles, they’ll know all their extra efforts were worth it!”
About Moshiri Orthodontics
Dr Mazyar Moshiri of Moshiri Orthodontics, provides quality affordable Orthodontic care to the St. Louis and Lake Saint Louis area, offering Braces & Invisalign For Children, Teens & Adults. The Moshiri Orthodontic team has provided quality orthodontic care to St. Louis for over 25 years. With dentofacial orthopedics, traditional braces, or Invisalign, our team strives to provide patients with the best in orthodontic services, ‘for a smile that lasts.’
Dr. Moshiri’s website is http://smilesaintlouis.com and can be reached at 314-427-2237 or email@example.com
Find Moshiri Orthodontics on Facebook at http://facebook.com/moshiriorthodontics and follow them on Twitter @MoshiriOrtho
Dr. Moshiri is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the world’s oldest and largest dental specialty organization. It represents more than 18,000 orthodontist members throughout the United States, Canada and abroad. The Association admits only orthodontists for membership. It encourages and sponsors key research to enable members to provide patients with the highest quality of care, and is committed to educating the public about the need for, and benefits of, orthodontic treatment. Only orthodontists are admitted as AAO members.
For more information go to mylifemysmile.org
Company Name: Moshiri Orthodontics
Contact Person: Dr. Mazyar Moshiri
Email: Send Email
Address:777 S. New Ballas Rd., Suite 116E
City: St Louis
Country: United States