Fermentation is a metabolic process which converts sugar to acids, gases, or alcohol. It take place in yeast and bacteria, and also in oxygen-starved muscle cells, as in the case of lactic acid fermentation. Fermentation is also used more broadly to refer to the bulk growth of microorganisms on a growth medium, often with the goal of producing a specific chemical product. Fermentation ingredients are made with the help of fermentation process and these fermentation ingredients are used as active ingredients in manufacturing of various end products by different industries. Depend upon characteristics of end product, fermentation ingredients are made from different fermentation process such as batch fermentation, aerobic fermentation, continuous fermentation etc.
There is huge demand for fermentation ingredients in the pharma and personal care products especially for antibiotics in the pharma sector and organic acids in the personal care products. The fermentation products have huge demand across wide range of pharmaceutical products, targeting practically any medical indication. Examples range from anticancer cytotoxic drugs and vaccines, anti-infectious disease antibiotics and vaccines, to hormonal disorder therapy and many other indications. (Source: //www.manufacturingchemist.com). For cosmetic and personal care products, fermentation technology can help generate sustainable/green, ecological friendly organically certified and naturally-derived ingredients. (Source: http://woresan.com/en/undertaking/fermentation-en).
There has been strong demand for fermentation ingredients in the food and beverage industry mainly in the baking products and beverages. Use of fermentation ingredients enable enhanced nutrition in foods and beverages. Hence, there has been higher demand for probiotics. Higher demand for clean fuel is supporting ethanol market which is in higher demand for ethanol. Higher demand for bio-based alcohols produced through fermentation is supporting the fermentation ingredients market. Comparatively lower costs than compared to petroleum-based chemicals is encouraging bio refiners to encourage more fermentation ingredients production. Increase in disposable income and changing lifestyle is encouraging higher sales of alcoholic beverages which is supporting alcohol production.
The leading market players in the global fermentation ingredients market primarily are Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. (U.S.), Evonik Industries AG (Germany), Novozymes A/S (Denmark), Cargill, Incorporated (U.S.), UQUIFA (Spain)
Study Objectives of fermentation ingredients Market Forecast to 2023
• Detailed analysis for individual micro and macro markets for fermentation ingredients
• To estimate market size by Type, Form, Application, Feed Stock and Region
• To understand the supply and demand dynamics of fermentation ingredients
• Company profiling of major players & competitive positioning for the fermentation ingredients market
• Value chain analysis and supply chain analysis of fermentation ingredients
• Analysis of historical market trends, and technologies, and current government regulatory requirements related to fermentation ingredients market
• Fermentation ingredients manufacturers
• Food & Beverages industries
• Pharmaceutical industries
• Chemical industries
• Retailers and wholesalers
• Traders, importers and exporters
• U.S. is projected to expand at a high growth rate and the country is expected to witness 6.12% during the forecast period of 2017-2023.
• Liquid form of fermentation ingredients holds more than 55.48% market share in the year 2017 as majority of fermentation ingredients such as alcohol and organic acid are produced in liquid form.
• Chemical along with food and beverages application holds more than 60.58% market share in the year 2017 as in America majority of fermentation ingredients are produced to make various chemical products.
Regional and Country Analysis of fermentation ingredients market development and demand Forecast to 2023 Market
As per the MRFR analysis, globally, the fermentation ingredients market is projected to reach USD 78.38 billion by 2023 with CAGR of 5.08%. Increasing application of fermentation ingredients by food and beverage industry is driving the market growth. America (~39.55%) holds major market share followed by APAC (~29.92%) in the year 2017. America will witness higher growth rate (~5.79%) during the forecast period due to increasing demand of fermentation ingredients for food and beverage application. Europe holds 22.78% of market share in 2017 and it is projected to reach USD 17.08 billion by 2023. Growing chemical and pharmaceutical industries in Europe is supporting the market growth in Europe region.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Acronyms 13
2 Executive Summary 14
3 Introduction 16
4 Research Methodology 19
5 Secondary Research 21
6 Market Dynamics 22
7 Market Trends 25
8 Market Factor Analysis 31
9 Global Fermentation Ingredients Market, By Type 35
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349