Global Electric Axle Drive Systems Market Information Report, By System Type (Electric Systems, Hybrid Electric Systems), By Vehicle Type (Passenger Cars, Light Commercial Vehicles and Heavy Commercial Vehicles), and By Region Global Forecast To 2023.
Get Sample Copy of Report At: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/4082
Electric axle drive systems are drive systems used in electrical and hybrid electric vehicles and consists of the battery, electric motor, and the control algorithm. The global electric axle drive systems market is expected to grow to USD 8,226.3 million, at a CAGR of 12.31 % by the end of forecast period of 2023.
The growth of Hybrid, Plug-in Hybrid and Fully Electric Vehicles is the Prime Determinant of the Market. The shift of the automotive industry towards hybrid, plug-in hybrid and fully electric vehicles in an attempt to wean off from fossil fuels, triggered by environmental concerns is the prime driver of the market. The market enthusiasm generated by firms such as Tesla, Nissan, and BMW has created a demand for electric vehicles. According to Automobile Association of America (AAA), estimates, more than 30 million American are likely to buy electric car influenced by a commitment towards environmental concern and carbon reduction. Heading towards APAC region, China has sold more than 507,000 electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles in 2016, which is 53 % rise from the 2015 figures, followed by the US and Europe.
Technological Advancements Represent the Most Significant Market Opportunity
Currently, most electric axle drive systems employ the crowbar approach by packing electric motors, transmission, power electronics and battery as separate entities like a conventional combustion engine vehicle. Market research future predicts that framing the transmission, motor and power electronics together into a single unit would be a significant technological development resulting in faster market adoption. Such a system would possess the advantage of being more efficient, compact, easy to integrate and cost-effective.
Market research future analyst explains, “Package individual electrified driveline elements into a vehicle is complex as well as time-consuming. An integrated system, being one unit to be installed greatly simplifies and speeds up the production line.”
High Cost and Need for a Cultural Shift in Production may drag the Growth. The high cost of electric axle drive systems and a need for a cultural shift in production away from the traditional assembly process is the prime restraint on the market. The predominant challenge is to integrate all components into single a unit and to design and adapt the electric drive systems for different vehicle requirements such as for passenger cars and commercial vehicles.
Asia Pacific region is expected to account for the electrical axle drive systems market owing to the significant rise in electric car sales especially in China, Japan, South Korea and India owing to environmental concerns and generous tax incentives for electric cars.
North America led by the U.S. accounts for the second largest market followed by Europe. Europe is expected to be a tremendous market opportunity owing to the large automotive industry of Germany, France, Sweden and U.K. The Middle East and Africa market is supposed to be skewed in favor of Gulf economies of Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, and Qatar. The lower price of gasoline in the Gulf is acting as a restraint on the market.
- To generate an accurate understanding of the global electric axle drive systems market, the report is segmented by
- Based on the system type, the market is segmented into electric systems and hybrid electric systems
- Based on the vehicle type, the market is segmented into passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, and heavy commercial vehicles
- Based on regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa.
- May 2016 – GKN launched electric all-wheel-drive technology with the option of adding plug-in electric all-wheel drive using GKN Driveline’s latest electric axle drive (eAxle) technology. The eAxle is designed for hybrid supercars and uses the electric all-wheel drive to boost performance and efficiency with the first application being the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer PHEV.
- The specialty of the system is its high torque of 2,000Nm and 70kW of additional power achieving speeds of up to 125km/h and is considerably faster than conventional mechanical AWD systems. Moreover, the entire unit weighs just 20.2 kg facilitating packaging and installation in confined spaces. To top these performance parameters, the e-machine can be disconnected from the driveline, when the hybrid operation is not required.
- August 2017 – Bosch launched the electric axle drive powertrain for electric cars, which combines motor, power electronics, and transmission into one unit. The move is a significant technological development aimed to increase efficiency, affordability, and performance.
Major Table Of Content:
1 Executive Summary
2 Research Methodology
2.1 Scope Of The Study
2.1.2 Research Objective
2.2 Research Process
2.2.1 Primary Research
2.2.2 Secondary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Forecast Model
3 Market Dynamics
3.1 Market Drivers
3.2 Market Inhibitors
3.3 Supply/Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Browse Complete Report At: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/electric-axle-drive-systems-market-4082
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
Company Name: Market Research Future
Contact Person: Abhishek Sawant
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9312
Address:Market Research Future Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers Magarpatta Road, Hadapsar