Ecuador Long-awaited 4G Spectrum Allocation Spurs Competition and Investment in Telecoms Infrastructure.We expect growth to resume in 2017 as oil prices and thus the economy progressively recover. More specifically, Pyramid Research expects Ecuador’s telecom services market to grow at a CAGR of 2.4% over the next five years, to reach $3.8bn in 2020 and generating a cumulative revenue of $21.2bn between 2015 and 2020.
Browse Detailed Report with TOC at:
• Claro and Movistar have conducted a clean-up of their prepaid base, which will help them with their market share positions and thus the fees they have to pay under the new regime. Following these major disconnections, we expect mobile subscription penetration of population in Ecuador to stand at 90.6% at year-end 2015, down from 114.7% a year earlier.
• With just under 19% of all mobile subscriptions connected to 3G/3.5G networks, Ecuador has one of the lowest 3G penetration rates in Latin America, alongside Bolivia and Paraguay. Movistar and Claro commercially launched LTE services in March and July 2015, respectively, after acquiring 4G spectrum in February. We expect the number of LTE subscriptions in Ecuador to grow at a CAGR of 35.0% between 2015-2020, from 0.9m at year-end 2015 to over 4m by year-end 2020.
• Broadband lines continue to proliferate in Ecuador. Through year end-2015, 210,000 fixed broadband lines were added, giving Ecuador 1.5m broadband access lines, a penetration rate of 9.8%. Pyramid Research estimates broadband lines will grow at a CAGR of 10.9% over the 2015-2020 period, to reach 2.6m by year-end 2020. Continued investment on the expansion of the national fiber optic backbone and the deployment of new undersea cables will support this growth.
• Pyramid Research expects the Ecuadorian pay-TV market to generate $285.5m in service revenue in 2015, up from $228.3m in 2014. We also anticipate pay-TV providers will add a total of 214,000 pay-TV subscriptions in 2015, reaching a total of 1.4m subscribers and a household penetration of 48.8%, above the regional average of 42.1%.
Related Reports On “Telecommunications”
Hong Kong: Operators Work to Promote 4G Migration and Compete on Customer Experience:
China: Amid Rising Competitive Pressures and Lower Prices:
OTT Video in Asia-Pacific: 4G Networks to Boost OTT Growth across Diverse Markets:
Pyramid Research’s report – “Ecuador: Long-awaited 4G Spectrum Allocation Spurs Competition and Investment in Telecoms Infrastructure” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ecuador today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Ecuadorian’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from
Pyramid Research’s databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
• Ecuador in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
• Economic, demographic and political context in Ecuador.
• The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
• A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
• The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at:
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Our Website: http://www.hexareports.com
Company Name: Hexa Reports
Contact Person: Ryan Shaw
Email: Send Email
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States