Today, DiskInternals Research has presented a new version of the EFS Recovery™ software. It is adapted to meet the newest standards of data encryption. The main feature implemented in this product is that it supports restoring files with XTS-AES, a new encryption algorithm of Bitlocker 2.0. Encryption made by Bitlocker 2.0 is safe, stable and secure, but before now, the recovery of lost files was impossible if they were encrypted. Fortunately, the perfect Bitlocker recovery solution is the brand new EFS Recovery™ software.
With this product, customers can now:
- Recover encrypted files (including Bitlocker encryption) and folders from healthy or damaged NTFS disks and RAID arrays.
- Decrypt EFS files from damaged or formatted disks.
- Preview files before starting the recovery process.
Other key features include:
- Compatibility with all versions of Windows that support Bitlocker encryption.
- Free trial: Everyone can try this product and perform Windows Bitlocker recover by downloading it from the Diskinternals website.
The Windows Bitlocker recovery keyis based on the totally new encryption mechanism called XTS-AES encryption. XTS-AES encryption is based on ciphertext stealing and has a proven record of security. This mode of encryption is designed for data stored on hard disks with no additional space for an integrity field. This lack of space allows the XTS-AES encryption mechanism to be built on the security of AES. The encryption protects the storage device from many dictionary and copy/paste attacks. The operation of the XTS mode of AES is defined in the IEEE 1619-2007 standard (3 IEEE Std 1619–2007. April 18, 2008. The XTS-AES Tweakable Block Cipher. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.), and has been adopted by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) as an approved mode of operation under FIPS 140-2.
Completing the Bitlocker recovery process has never been easier.
Founded in 2003, DiskInternals Research is an award-winning software engineering company that is committed to the development of a wide range of superior disk and data recovery products. Data recovery software produced by DiskInternals Research delivers high-quality service to thousands of satisfied customers every month. Diskinternals Research has created software that customers now consider essential.
The major products made by Diskinternals are:
- VMFS Recovery™: recovers data from healthy or corrupted VMFS volumes and VMDK files easily and quickly.
- RAID Recovery™: recovers data from all types of RAID arrays.
- Partition Recovery™: step-by-step partition recovery tool.
A new version of EFS Recovery™ software that is able to perform Microsoft Bitlocker recovery is set to become another major product of Diskinternals. Anyone can try it for free by simply downloading it from the Diskinternals website.