The global market for digital cameras is expected to reach USD 19.77 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for interchangeable lens cameras with higher selling prices is expected to fuel industry growth over the forecast period. These include digital single lens reflex cameras (DSLR) as well as non-reflex cameras, also referred to as mirrorless cameras. Increasing replacement demand coupled with technological enhancements such as Wi-Fi-enabled cameras is expected to favorably impact the market.
The trend of sharing images over the internet and availability of image processing tools has given impetus to the market. Widespread adoption of internet services and surge in social networking activities is expected to further bolster industry outlook. However, proliferation of smartphones globally is a major concern for industry participants, on account of the ready availability and convenience offered by smartphone cameras. The value chain consists of manufacturers of digital cameras and associated parts, as well as retailers or distributors.
Browse full research report on global digital camera market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/digital-camera-industry
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
- Global digital camera unit shipments were estimated to be 98.6 million units in 2012, and is expected to reach 171.7 million units by 2020
- Built-in lens cameras accounted for over 78% of the overall shipments in 2012. Interchangeable lens cameras contributed to over 50% of the market revenue in 2012, which can primarily be attributed to high selling prices of these products. Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) cameras occupied over 80% of the market in 2012; however, they are expected to lose market share with an estimated CAGR of 3.8% from 2013 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest and fastest growing regional segment, and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% over the forecast period to account for approximately 36% of the global market by 2020. This can primarily be attributed to rising purchasing power and relatively lower product penetration. Compact cameras with built-in lenses accounted for over 75% of regional shipments. Mirrorless cameras are also compact in nature as compared to DSLRs, and have been witnessing growth in countries such as Japan and China.
- The market is dominated by Japanese participants; Canon Inc. and Nikon Corporation account for majority of the overall market share. Key players also include Sony Corporation, Samsung Electronics Corporation, Fujifilm Holdings, Olympus Corporation and Ricoh Imaging Company among others. Manufacturers have been focusing on the high-end product segment in order to stay competitive in an ecosystem characterized by changing user trends.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/digital-media
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global digital camera market on the basis of product segments and region:
Digital Camera Product Segment Outlook,
- Built-in Lens Camera
- Interchangeable Lens Camera
- Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR)
Digital Camera Regional Outlook,
Rest of the World
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-digital-camera-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States