Global corrosion inhibitors market is expected to reach USD 7.55 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Corrosion inhibitors form an important part of the water treatment chemicals market and growing regulatory pressure for water treatment is expected to boost market demand. Corrosion inhibitors are also used in construction industry as part of preventive maintenance for metallic structures. Mexico, China, Brazil and India are expected to witness exponential rise in infrastructure and construction which is expected to augment demand for corrosion inhibitors.
Power generation was the largest end-use industry for corrosion inhibitors, with market demand of 1,366.5 kilo tons in 2013. Increasing power generation in China, India and Middle East coupled with growing instances of corrosion in cooling towers, steam and hydropower turbines is expected to augment demand. Oil and gas industry is also expected to witness significant rise in corrosion inhibitor demand growing at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2014 to 2020.
Full research report on corrosion inhibitors Market Analysis:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global corrosion inhibitors market demand was 4,659.8 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 6,340.7 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Water-based corrosion inhibitors dominated the market in 2013 accounting for over 70% of global demand. These applications are preferred over their solvent based counterparts as they have lower VOC emissions which make them environmentally beneficial.
- Organic corrosion inhibitors were the most widely used product with demand exceeding 3,300 kilo tons in 2013. They are preferred over inorganic inhibitors as they are non toxic making them feasible for use in water treatment and paint and coating industry.
- Asia Pacific was the largest market for corrosion inhibitors, accounting for 38.78% of market volume in 2013. Industrial growth in automobile, chemicals and oil & gas sector is expected to boost the demand for corrosion inhibitor in the region.
- The global corrosion inhibitors market is fragmented with the top four companies accounting for less than 40% of global market in 2013. Key companies include BASF, Ashland, Ecolab, GE Water, DuPont, Dow Chemicals Company, Champion Technologies, Cytec, and Lubrizol Corporation.
Request for sample of this research report:
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global corrosion inhibitor market on the basis of product, application, end-use and region:
• Corrosion Inhibitor Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Organic corrosion inhibitor
• Inorganic corrosion inhibitor
• Corrosion Inhibitor Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Water based
• Oil/Solvent Based
• Corrosion Inhibitor End-use Industry Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Power generation
• Oil & gas
• Pulp & paper
• Metal processing
• Chemicals processing
• Corrosion Inhibitor Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States