DETROIT – January 18, 2015 – As we approach 2015 and beyond, cruise enthusiasts – and the cruise lines themselves – know that cruising has never been more popular. In fact, there are 35 new ocean ships and 21 new river ships scheduled to debut by 2018.
CruiseCompete’s consumers are constantly telling us what they are experiencing and what they would like to see from the cruise industry. With this information, and their expert knowledge of the industry, the cruise specialists at CruiseCompete, (who provide on average a million quotes a year,) are able provide insight on ocean and river cruising trends you might experience in 2015.
Here are 8 predictions that cruise lovers will appreciate:
- Cruising Becomes A Company Perk – Company paid cruise vacations will become a way to entice, and keep, a company’s best employees, by showing appreciation for someone’s work while rejuvenating them to peak performance. Cruise travel may become a health benefit for all employees, since stress reduction leads to better long-term good health and productivity. The spas on board will continue to find new ways to rejuvenate the health and well-being of their guests, with yoga and meditation, diet and detox, plus exercise programs.
- GPS Tracking of Children While On Vacation – If you’ve ever lost a child in a crowd, even for a moment, you know how terrifying that can be. There’s a new solution hitting the market that is perfect for traveling families; parents who want to keep close tabs on their children will have the option this year to equip them with GPS. These handy new wristband GPS units are the most practical way be sure you know where your child is at all times, and give an added measure of security, whether you are onboard or on onshore for excursions. These are great to have anytime and anywhere.
- All-Inclusive Options Continue to Increase at a Rapid Pace. In particular for the luxury and ultra-luxury sector. We just keep adding and adding included amenities to the most comprehensive chart detailing “what is included “on cruises. In fact cruise lines have told us they use this chart frequently to see what their competition is adding to the cruise experience.
- Ultimate Luxury and Adventure – Cruise lines keep coming up with more over the top experiences – onboard and ashore – to entice people who crave the ultimate in luxury and new adventures. And look for cruise lines to combine river cruises ocean cruises; they will deliver new and versatile cruise opportunities for those cruisers who want it all. We’ll also see more “private” areas built into ships, so that celebrities and others seeking privacy can book areas that are private and where their children have dedicated pool, dining room, concierge and other amenities.
- Past Favorites Become New Again – The all-important Baby Boomer demographic will flourish as the cruise lines bring back favorites from the past. Companies like Princess Cruises will continue to be a favorite for baby boomers seeking comfort from familiar experiences like the Love Boat. Their advertising program, undoubtedly from research touts familiarity and “Come Back New” stresses to de-stress.
- Enhanced Technology & Personalization That’s All About You – Technology will become even more advanced in areas such as bars and restaurants, and ships will have in-room tablets to book future cruises while still on board. Luxury cruise lines will also keep an automated record of your preferences and build your mini bar/personal hygiene basket to taste before you arrive.
- Focus on the Family and Multigenerational travel – Family suites will offer on-demand nannies for the duration of a cruise, and lines will provide personal GPS tracking bracelets for children so parents and caregivers can locate them at any time. The lines will also begin to design programs that appeal to multi-generational groups, where children, parents, and grandparents all play a part.
- Consumers Will Abandon the Web and Rely Travel Agents / Cruise Specialists – With brand new ships (there are 27 slated to debut in 2015 alone), countless exotic itineraries, and endless all-inclusive options, the cruise consumer will look to the experts for guidance when booking their cruise. Watch for a surge in bookings through agents, who are not only educated on the lines and ships, but have an inside line to the best deals the cruise lines have to offer.
CruiseCompete believes these will be the big industry trends for 2015, but we also made predictions for 2014, with a very high level of accuracy.
CruiseCompete has the most well educated, forward thinking and trusted cruise specialists in the industry. If you’d like more information or assistance planning a future cruise, please visit CruiseCompete.com
CruiseCompete has been the premier online cruise marketplace since 2003 (see media praises). Consumers come to CruiseCompete to research and book cruise vacations and have received over 12 million quotes since 2003. Consumers compare offers from trusted travel agents, can see consumer reviews of agents and agencies responding, and then contact travel agents directly for more information and to book cruises.
CruiseCompete CruiseTrends™ offers monthly stats for an inside look at consumer trends and what consumers want in cruise vacations.
CruiseCompete takes top honors in Travel + Leisure’s “Top 60 Best Apps and Websites for Travelers” with an honorable mention. The Wall Street Journal praised CruiseCompete as “Best Cruise Travel Site,” The New York Times says, “… independent travel agents compete to offer you the best deal,” and follows similar praise from Travel + Leisure, Kiplinger and The Washington Post. The Street says, “Score luxury cruises at bargain prices.”
Company Name: CruiseCompete LLC
Contact Person: Heidi M. Allison
Email: Send Email
Address:3314 SW 33rd St
City: Des Moines
Country: United States