Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a progressive lung disease characterized by an abnormal inflammatory response and airflow obstruction that is not fully reversible. Chronic airflow limitation is caused by both small airway diseases, such as obstructive bronchiolitis, as well as parenchymal destruction, including emphysema. Research suggests that the pathogenesis of COPD involves both genetic and environmental factors. The fourth leading cause of death in the world, COPD progresses slowly and symptoms, including shortness of breath, wheezing, chest tightness, cough, and increased mucous production, worsen over time. Although it is currently unknown if the damage to the airways and lungs can be reversed, treatments and lifestyle changes can help slow the progress of the disease.
Report estimates the 2015 sales for the COPD market at approximately $9.9 billion across the 8MM, encompassing the US, the five major European Union countries (5EU: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), Japan, and Australia. Over the course of the 10-year forecast period, the COPD market will grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.7% across the 8MM. Each of the 8MM are anticipated to grow significantly, recording CAGRs of 3.7%, 5.2%, 4.3%, and 6.6% across the US, 5EU, Japan, and Australia, respectively. At the end of 2025, the US will account for 77.8% of sales across the 8MM, while the 5EU, Japan, and Australia will account for around 19.2%, 2.4%, and 0.7% of sales, respectively. The higher sales numbers for the US can be attributed to the higher prices of pharmaceuticals and the greater diagnosed prevalence of COPD in the region, as well as the anticipated high annual cost of therapy (ACOT) of GSK’s Nucala and AstraZeneca’s benralizumab in the US market.
Key Questions Answered
– How will the COPD market landscape in the 8MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK , Japan, and Australia) change from 2015-2025?
– What are the most promising late-stage pipeline drugs in COPD?
– How do the clinical and commercial attributes of late-stage pipeline therapies compare with one another, and against existing treatment options?
– What are the greatest unmet needs in COPD? Will the pipeline drugs fulfil these needs of the market?
– What are the largest opportunities in the COPD landscape?
– Overview of COPD, including epidemiology (mMRC and CAT patient population), etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current management strategies.
– Topline COPD market revenue from 2015-2025. ACOT and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
– Key topics covered include current treatment options, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting COPD therapeutics sales in the 8MM.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global COPD therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global COPD therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the COPD therapeutics market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 8
1.2 List of Figures 11
2 Executive Summary 12
2.1 Sales for COPD by Country, 2015-2025 13
2.2 AstraZeneca and GSK in the Spotlight of the COPD Market in 2025 15
2.3 Despite the Variety of Available Therapies, COPD Remains a Market with High Unmet Needs 16
2.4 Treatments that Reverse the Progression of COPD Remain Elusive 17
2.5 COPD Treatment Management Will Change in the Next 10 Years, but Treatment Outcomes Will Not 17
2.6 What Do Physicians Think? 18
3 Introduction 21
3.1 Catalyst 21
3.2 Related Reports 21
4 Disease Overview 22
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 22
4.1.1 Etiology 23
4.1.2 Pathophysiology 24
4.2 Classification or Staging Systems 27
4.3 Symptoms 28
4.4 Asthma-COPD Overlap 31
4.5 Quality of Life 32
5 Epidemiology 33
5.1 Disease Background 33
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349