The Global Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) Market is expected to reach USD 48.01 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Globally increasing demand from semiconductor industry has been a major factor driving industry growth. Also, growing consciousness regarding the benefits of these products along with consumer preference for modern and durable electronic devices has resulted in increased utilization CVD coatings in various applications.
CVD technology is employed for producing high-performance solid materials mainly to manufacture thin films for the semiconductor industry. In this process, the wafer/substrate comes in contact with a volatile precursor that reacts to form different types of deposits such as pyrolytic coatings, also referred to as hard coatings.
CVD coatings are generally deposited at higher temperatures and exhibit strong adhesion to glass surfaces. The volatile precursors for the process include halides (TiCl4, TaCl5, WF6), hydrides (SiH4, GeH4, and ammonia), metal organic compounds (metal alkyls/alkoxides/ dialylamides/diketonates/carbonyls), and others (ligands and complexes).
In the current scenario, industry players are focusing on developing processes for hybrid thin inorganic-organic deposition films to lower the production costs, thereby driving the semiconductor industry. This trend has led to increased and tighter supply of titanium compounds in compliance with environmental norms.
CVD equipment was the largest category in 2016 and is expected to maintain a relatively average growth rate over the forecast period owing to good quality of deposition films obtained from the equipment. CVD services segment is the fastest growing chemical vapor deposition segment owing to technological advancements in technologies such as plasma enhanced process, hot-wire and combustion based.
Full Research Report on Global Chemical Vapor Deposition Market Analysis:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global CVD market was valued at 20.8 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% from 2017 to 2025
- In application segment, microelectronics was the largest consumption center in 2016 and is estimated to reach a net worth exceeding USD 17.90 billion by 2025
- The Asia Pacific chemical vapor deposition market was the largest in 2016 and is anticipated to follow the same trend over the forecast period, owing to number of developments from end-use industries across major economies
- The technology demand in the solar products (PV modules and solar cells) segment was valued over USD 390 million in 2016
- These technologies are classified on the basis of operating pressure, physical characteristics of vapor and plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition
- Key players including Veeco Instruments, Inc., Ulvac, Inc., IHI Corporation, Applied Materials Inc. Tokyo Electron Limited and Adeka Corporationdominates the global market in 2016 with major market share.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/semiconductors
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) Market on the basis of equipment & services, application and region:
Equipment & Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- CVD Equipment
- CVD Materials
- CVD Services
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Data Storage
- Solar Products
- Cutting Tools
- Medical Equipment
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
View Press Release Of This Report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more Information visit: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States