The global cell culture market is expected to reach USD 37.0 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. This expected growth in demand can be ascribed to the growing need for biopharmaceutical development, vaccine research and development, and protein production; all of which rely heavily on cytological R&D in which cell culture plays a pivotal role.
The development and commercialization of integrated robotic liquid handling laboratory automation culture systems is also expected to considerably enhance growth over the forecast period. These systems provide highly improved capacity handling, higher efficiency and reproducible purity levels.
Full research report on cell culture market analysis: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cell-culture-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Cell culture sera accounted for over 50% of revenue generated in 2014 owing to, high usage rates of serum in the composition of cell cultures and their relatively high average market prices. Furthermore, commercialization of serum free sera is also expected to drive market demand in the coming years.
- Culture reagents including amino acids, cofactors, thrombin, and growth factors, even though used in trace quantities, account for a considerably large share of revenue owing to their relatively expensive prices.
- North America accounted for the largest share of this market in 2014, as there are a significantly high number of research and development projects ongoing in the region related to cytological investigation for proteomics, genomics, and drug and vaccine development. Growing need for biopharmaceuticals is also anticipated to fuel regional market growth during the forecast period.
- Rising demand, for cell culture technology and cell biology research in Europe has shown significant development and companies have started investing in innovative technologies and advances in cell culture applications.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant growth in demand over the forecast period owing to the presence of high unmet need for increasing production and development of vaccines, drugs, and new biologics. Supportive government initiatives pertaining to increasing investments by manufacturers and governments in biopharmaceutical manufacturing and high untapped market opportunities are some important factors accounting for such rapid growth in demand.
- Key participants of the cell culture market include Sartorius, Thermo Fisher Scientific, General Electric, Merck, Sigma-Aldrich Co., LLC, Corning, Lonza, Promocell, Becton, Dickinson & Company, and Eppendorf.
- Market participants are involved in extensive R&D of 3D cell culture and full commercialization of the technologically advanced cell culture which offer higher accuracy of replication, greater purity and rapid growth
Request for sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cell-culture-market/request
Grand View Research has segmented cell culture market on the basis of consumables, products, applications and regions:
Cell Culture Consumables Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Billion, 2012 – 2022 )
- Minimum Essential Media (MEM)
- RPMI 1640 Media
- DMEM/F-12 Media
- F-10 Serum Free Media
- BME Media
- Insect Media
- Other Media
- Fetal Bovine Serum
- Other Animals’ serum
Cell Culture Product Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Billion, 2012 – 2022 )
- Culture Systems
- Pipetting Instruments
- Biosafety Equipment
- Cryostorage Equipment
Cell Culture Applications Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Billion, 2012 – 2022 )
- Cancer Research
- Drug Development
- Gene Therapy
- Tissue Culture & Engineering
- Toxicity testing
- Vaccine Production
Cell Culture Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/biotechnology
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States