In its latest addition to its already stellar lineup of talented artists, Carezma Entertainment Management is delighted to welcome Threestyle, a Smooth Jazz Band from Germany. This chart-topping, award-winning band mainly consists of Magdalena Chovancova on saxophone, flute, and keyboards and Robert Fertl on guitar, bass, trumpet, and flugelhorn. Gabriela Chovancova, Magdalena’s twin sister, and also an original founding member, is frequently featured as well showcasing her talents on drums and vibraphone.
Welovemusic Records artists Threestyle recently released their fifth album entitled “SMOOTH RIDE”. The album spotlights Chovancova on saxophone, flute, and keyboards and Fertl on guitar and features other amazing musicians including L.A based Latonya Black Gilliard on vocals, Jimmy Haslip (bass player for Yellowjackets, Joe Cocker, and Cher, amongst others), Lew Laing on keys, Roberto Valley (bass for George Benson, Randy Crawford), James Manning (bass player for Billy Preston and Chaka Khan) and Chris Troy on keys, just to name a few. With the exception of one cover, “Let’s Stay Together” ( a song recorded in 1972 by artist Al Green) the album is a ‘smooth ride’ full of original material.
Magdalena Chovancova, born in Ostrava, Czech Republic, began to play the piano when she was six years old. In a few years she had also mastered the saxophone and flute. While still in her teens, she won several national music competitions. She began recording and touring with other musicians and bands. After completing her studies in Prague, she moved to Germany where she, her twin sister, Gabriela Chovancova , whose specialties are drums and vibraphone, and Robert Fertl, who plays guitar, bass, and trumpet, founded the Threestyle band.
Robert Fertl was born in Bavaria-Germany. He, like Magdalena, began playing at the young age of six years old. His instrument of choice was the guitar. Later he learned to also play the trumpet, the flugelhorn, and bass. While studying in Munich, Fertl won the National Guitar Competition with his own compositions, as well as first place in the National Jazz Competition in Berlin. Fertl, at 18, together with his longtime teacher and mentor, Richard Klimeck, recorded his first album. Fertl moved to Los Angeles, California in 1989 to study the jazz guitar at the Musicians Institute in Hollywood. During that period he played with several Los Angeles local bands and musicians.
Threestyle has performed in over sixty countries. Focusing on its own compositions in various styles including smooth jazz, Latino, soul and, funk, Threestyle has created its own very recognizable and much sought after sound. Their latest single, “Road to Monterey” garnered them the much coveted Hollywood Music Award for best Jazz Song this past October and spent four weeks at number one on Groovejazz music charts and twelve months on the Billboard chart. Nice, mellow groove that features Magdalena Chovancova on saxophone, flute and keys and Robert Fertl on guitar, Jimmy Haslip on bass, Oliver C. Brown on percussion, Nils on guitar, keys, programming and Richard Rightman on drums. Threestyle has released five solo albums, over 400 single releases and has reached #5 on Billboard Charts, #4 on America’s Music charts, #1 on Groovejazzmusic.com, #3 on Album Charts, #5 on Smoothjazznetwork, and #4 on Radiowavecharts.
Other musician artists collaborations besides those already listed include Chris de Burgh, Chris Norman, Brosis, Raid Said Fred, Paul Brown, Gail Jhonson (Jazz in Pink) Katja Rieckermann (Rod Stewart), Mack (Queen, ELO, Rolling Stones) Manning, Chris Troy, Marcus Anderson, Roberto Vally, Julian Vaughn, and Matt Marshak.
Threestyle’s list of notable awards, accommodations, and honors
- Hollywood Music in Media Awards Winner Best Jazz Song – “Road to Monterey “
- The Akademia Awards Winner Best Jazz song- “Road to Monterey “
- Smoothjazz.com chart # 3 “Road to Monterey“ Billboard #17, America’s Music Chart #8
- “Road to Monterey“#1 in Canada Wave Radio Chart
- Release of Album “SMOOTH RIDE”
- Billboard Song of the Year #15- “Little Longer”, Album of the Year on Smoothjazz.com chart #34
- Release of album “SMOOTH AND CHILL”
- Billboard #1 Recurrent Chart -“Little Longer”
- The Akademia Awards Winner Best Jazz song -“Little Longer”
- The Akademia Awards Winner Best Jazz song-“Thank God it´s Christmas” produced by Mack (Queen, ELO, Rolling Stones ), #22 on Groove Jazz Music Chart
- “Little Longer”#7 on Billboard, #1 on Groove jazz music for 4 weeks , #3 America’s Music Chart , and #2 on Radio Wave Chart
- Nomination for Hollywood Music in Media Award Best Jazz song -“Little Longer”
- “Just for Fun” #1 on iTunes- Portugal
- “So long” #1 on iTunes- Netherlands
- “Funky Lights Threestyle” America’s Music Chart # 33, Smoothjazz.com Chart
- Release of album-“GET IT “
- “Just for Fun” #10 on Smoothjazz.com Chart
- “Chilling Mr. Benson” (from the album “FEEL THE VIBE”) #46 on America’s Music Chart, #30 on Smoothjazz.com Chart
- Release of album-“ MOVING UP QUICKLY”- Magdalena Chovancova
- “Easily in Love”-Magdalena Chovancova (feat. Paul Brown) #25 on Smoothjazz.com Chart
- Release of album “FEEL THE VIBE”
- Release of album “ UP AND RISING”
- Magdalena Chovancova and her trio won Best Contemporary Jazz Trio of Czech Republic
- Magdalena Chovancova won the Best Saxophonist of Czech Republic, National Music Competition.
- Robert Fertl won Instrumental Jazz Talent Award Berlin Jazz Talent- Germany
The band continues to tour the world on a regular basis, from the U.S. to South Africa, to the Caribbean, China, Indonesia, Brazil, Australia and extensively throughout Europe. They will be returning to the United States and will be touring throughout North America.
Carezma Entertainment Management produces and manages some of the best top tier artists. Robin Parker, CEO, known to have an eye for wonderful talent, is quoted as saying, “We are looking forward to doing great things with this talented band.” She advises everyone to keep your ears and eyes peeled for Threestyle’s new release coming the first part of 2018. It’s going to be an exciting year.
For more information: www.Carezma.com