Global caprolactam market is expected to reach USD 15.30 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising nylon 6 resin and fiber consumption, on account of increasing demand for electronics, is expected to drive the market. Electronics industry growth in China has resulted in subsequently driving caprolactam demand over the past few years.
Caprolactam manufacturing requires low technical complexity along with lesser initial infrastructure investment thus encouraging new participants to enter the market. Technological innovations aimed at improving the manufacturing process of the product in order to minimize the release of ammonium sulfate as a by-product on account of its hazardous nature is expected to have a positive impact on the industry.
North America and Europe together accounted for over 35% of the global market volume share in 2014. Increasing focus on R&D for commercial production of bio-based caprolactam and resultant bio-nylon is expected to open new opportunities for market growth in the near future.
Full research report on caprolactam market analysis: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/caprolactam-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Nylon 6 resins are expected to witness significant gains with projected growth at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2015 to 2022. Increasing consumption of nylon 6 resins for manufacturing of engineering plastics which are used as technical components in electrical & electronics and packaging industry is expected to accelerate market growth.
- Ammonia, cyclohexane, phenol and toluene are some of the key raw materials used for manufacturing caprolactam. Volatile raw material prices, limited availability and stringent regulations have been some of the primary factors challenging market growth.
- Engineering plastics accounted for over 15% of the global volume share in 2014. Rapid industrialization coupled with tremendous growth in the automotive sector, particularly in the Asia Pacific, is expected to have a positive impact on the industry over the forecast period. Innovation in the field of electronics along with increasing consumption of smartphones, tablets, laptops, and TVs has resulted in driving demand for engineering plastics, subsequently augmenting market growth.
- Asia Pacific caprolactam market was estimated at over 2,940.0 kilotons in 2014. Encouragement of 100% Foreign Direct Investment by the Indian government for domestic automobile industry growth is expected to augment manufacturing sector. This is expected to fuel nylon 6 resins demand which in turn will have a positive impact on the caprolactam industry over the next seven years.
- The global industry is fragmented in nature, on account of the presence of numerous companies globally. These include Sumitomo Chemicals, Honeywell, BASF, Toray, DSM, Alpek, Ube, Sinopec and Lanxess.
- In May 2015, Sumitomo Chemicals increased contract caprolactam price by USD 70 per metric ton to USD 1,880 per metric ton. In May 2015, BASF SE increased caprolactam prices by USD 0.05 per pound in North America.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/organic-chemicals-and-compounds
Grand View Research has segmented the global caprolactam market on the basis of application, end-use and region:
Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Nylon 6 fibers
- Nylon 6 resins
End-Use Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Textile yarn
- Industrial yarn
- Engineering Plastics
- Carpet fibers & staple fibers
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
View Press Release of this research report by Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-caprolactam-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials a, d healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States