The designers at Brainiation Inc. announce an exciting new app for parents who want the best education tool around for helping children to develop vocabulary and learn to recognize words. The Sight and Say app offers a new world of language to children as young as 3 years old that’s as simple to use as flash cards – with all the parental support kids need to explore, understand and use their new words.
The app, designed for use with Windows 10, is loaded with helpful features like speech recognition to empower children to “play” with the interactive talking flash cards as they learn and grow. Parents choose the word lists and can customize them to enhance the experience for young students.
“The most important thing we learned in our conversations with parents is how deeply they desire to build learning into their children’s lives,” said David Cater, CEO at Brainiation and creator of Sight and Say. “Children who explore language with Sight and Say gain more than vocabulary skills in an engaging format. They develop confidence in communication and the foundation for a lifetime love of learning.”
Here’s how it works: Parents set up the word lists that they want their child to practice, making it very convenient for them to practice the words together. Kids can even practice on their own in a special “Child View” that does nothing but display words. Parents monitor progress with smart metrics. Sight and Say displays the flash-card words to the child – but also includes professional voiceover on an audio option, so the child hears the word. The students practice saying the words and can record in their own voices too, building vocabulary and comprehension within the context of a fun visual experience that feels like play.
• The app supports both parent and child user interfaces to optimize the benefits for both
• Parents customize and configure vocabulary lists and track statistics on the child’s progress
• Helpful Sight and Say video tutorials are available on YouTube
• Sight and Say can read the pre-defined displayed words aloud to help facilitate learning
• The app records the user saying vocabulary words in their own voice, and features voice recognition capabilities that listen for the word to be said. If the app hears the word, it advances to the next word in the practice session
• The child participates in the experience by clicking on the next word to advance, if desired
• Sight and Say synchronizes data across all devices where you login with the same account, so that vocabulary selections and learning progress are up to date wherever you go – including reminders to have the child practice their Sight and Say words!
• The app is “accessible” (supports Narrator, high-contrast mode, keyboard interface, etc.)
• Size: 62.8 MB
• Operating System: Requires Windows 10
• Languages: English and Spanish
Pricing and Availability
This initial release of Sight and Say app is free and available for download at Windows Store. To download the app or learn more go to:
About Brainiation Inc:
Brainiation, Inc. was founded in February 2014. Its mission is to provide high-quality applications that focus primarily on the education market. Sight and Say is the first of many applications that the company has planned for release in the coming months.
All Rights Reserved. All Material and Software © Copyright 2015, Sight and Say.