The Global Biosimulation Market, by Product & Services (Software and Services), by Application (Drug Discovery and Drug Development), By End User (Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Organizations, Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and Academic Research Institutions), was valued US$ 1.3 billion in 2018, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 15.4% over the forecast period (2018 – 2026) as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Modelling and simulation (M&S) or model-informed drug development are used at every phase/ stage of drug development process. Biosimulation software is being used in pharmaceutical drug development to mimic diseases. Virtual clinical trials of new developing pharmaceutical drugs can be conducted on computers running disease simulations. By using virtual patients instead of clinical research patients can significantly save time and money in pharmaceutical companies’ drug discovery research.
Moreover, in order to avail these advantages of biosimulation, key players are increasingly using biosimulation software and services to speed up their research in rare disease management. For instance, in March 2012, Rhenovia Pharma initiated drug research programs in rare, orphan, and neglected diseases. Company aimed to expand their expertise in rare, orphan, and neglected disease such as Huntington’s disease (HD) and Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) by improving diagnosis and treatment. Under these program, Rhenovia Pharma intends to build a new biosimulation platform targeted to model the complex structure between biological mechanisms in striatum, the brain region, which is most affected in HD.
Browse 21 Market Data Tables and 24 Figures spread through 159 Pages and in-depth TOC on “ Biosimulation Market, by Product & Services (Software and Services), by Application (Drug Discovery and Drug Development), By End User (Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Organizations, Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and Academic Research Institutions) – Global Forecast to 2026″
To know the latest trends and insights related to biosimulation market, click the link below:
Furthermore, the market is expected to exhibit high growth during the forecast period, owing to various strategic acquisitions by key players in the market in 2014-2017 period.
For instance, in April 2014, Dassault Systèmes successfully completed the acquisition of Accelrys, Inc., a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management software for chemistry, biology, and materials. Accelrys’ acquisition helped Dassault Systèmes to enhance its molecular chemistry capabilities, which is used in drug discovery and regulatory requirements of Dassault Systèmes’ formulation-based industry offerings such as life sciences, consumer packaged goods, high tech and energy, and advanced manufacturing industries.
Moreover, in May 2014, after the completion of Accelrys’ acquisition, Dassault Systèmes launched its new brand BIOVIA, which is a combination of Dassault Systèmes’ BioIntelligence, and 3DEXPERIENCE technologies, and Accelrys’ life sciences and material sciences applications.
Moreover, in July 2017, EQT AB announced plans to acquire Certara, L.P., a leading provider of model-informed drug development technology and services, for a deal value of US$ 850 million. This new strategic partnership with EQT will enable Certara to strengthen their core offerings and help to uniquely positioned itself in the field of drug development.
Click Here to Buy this Report Now
Key takeaways of the Biosimulation Market:
- The global biosimulation market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 15.4% during the forecast period (2018 – 2026), owing to its rising demand in new drug development and discovery process
- Among product & services segment, software is expected to register highest CAGR over the forecast period. This is attributed to the availability of wide range of application-specific software, which suits interests and needs of researchers. For instance, Rhenovia Pharma: a biosimulation company engaged in pharmaceutical research and development process offers range of biosimulation software that specializes in simulation of CNS mechanism in specific drugs. The software is also being increasingly incorporated in applications such as defense, food, aviation and others.
- Drug development held major market share in application segment in 2017. Rising number of research funds promoting incorporation of advanced software in biosimulation market is contributing to the growth of the segment. For instance, in April 2010, Rhenovia Pharma received US$ 3.4 million contract to advance its Rhenepi project on antiepileptic drug development.
- Pharmaceutical & biotechnology organizations held largest market share in end user segment in 2017. High demand for biosimulation software in these companies to prolong lifecycles of off-patent drugs and discover new drugs variants by adopting computer modelling approach, is expected to drive growth of the segment.
- Some of the major players operating in the global biosimulation market include Certara, L.P., Simulations Plus, Inc., Dassault Systèmes (Accelrys), Genedata AG, LeadScope, Inc., Compugen Inc., Schrödinger, LLC, In Silico Biosciences, Inc., Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc., Chemical Computing Group ULC, Physiomics PLC, and Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (Evidera).
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154
Company Name: Coherent Market Insights
Contact Person: Mr. Shah
Email: Send Email
Address:1001 4th Ave, #3200
Country: United States