Global Biodefense Market is expected to reach USD 13.33 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing R&D investments in the field of biotechnology coupled with increasing threat of bioterrorism and disease outbreaks is expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, presence of favorable government initiatives for instance the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) is expected to boost market growth. This provision allows products to be marketed without an FDA approval in an emergency. Initiatives undertaken by the governments of developing nations for strengthening their respective biodefense product portfolio is expected to fuel future market growth.
Full research report on Global Biodefense Market Analysis: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biodefense-market
Biodefense against anthrax accounted for the largest market share owing to its inclusion in the class A highest priority pathogen category. This classification has resulted in the presence of extensive R&D investments aimed at new product development for strengthening national stockpiles. The global biodefense against anthrax was valued at over USD 2.0 billion in 2013.
Request for sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biodefense-market/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- North American was the most revenue generating region in 2013. Majority of the funding programs are organized by the U.S. based government and private establishments. Moreover, these establishments cater to procurement needs of foreign markets.
- The market is majorly governed by the initiatives undertaken in the U.S. The country is the largest revenue contributor and is expected to maintain its market position throughout the forecast period. Moreover, funding received by manufacturers under projects such as BioShield is expected to significantly boost demand over the next six years.
- Developed European countries such as Germany and the UK have designated funding policies in place pertaining to biodefense. In Switzerland, there is no set biodefense definition but the NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) protection and research is carried out in Spiez Laboratory of Federal office for Civil Protection, within the Federal Department of Defense. A total of 12 civilian facilities operate under the Swiss biodefense program.
- Key players of this market include Emergent BioSolutions, SIGA Technologies, Xoma Corporation and PharmAthene.
- Mergers and acquisitions and participating in government tenders are two key sustainability strategies adopted by market players. For instance, in December, 2014, Emergent BioSolutions announced that it had acquired the EV-035 series of molecules from Evolva Holding SA. The acquisition will further strengthen the company’s biodefense line of products.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/pharmaceuticals
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global biodefense market on the basis of product and region:
Global Biodefense Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Radiation/Nuclear defense
Biodefense Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-biodefense-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States