Bastian Solutions’ Field Applications Engineer, Austin Trusty, discussed conveyor systems’ critical role in the food processing and manufacturing industry, on the company blog. Trusty noted that conveyor technology is changing rapidly and compiles a short list of items to consider when making a food grade conveyor selection.
- Ease of Cleaning: This is likely the most important topic to consider.
- Ease of Maintenance: Uptime and maintenance downtime can greatly affect the cycle time.
- Investment: Investment in food grade conveyor stretches beyond the initial purchase over the lifespan of the system.
- Life Span: Choosing plastic versus stainless conveyor affects longevity.
- Configuration Flexibility: A conveyor system that is easily adaptable to your needs is highly valuable in the long run.
- Safety: Keeping moving parts and pinch points to a minimum is ideal in conveyor safety. The less moving parts the better safety outlook.
- Support: It is important to partner with a supplier that will assist with after-sale support.
To read the entire article, go to: http://ow.ly/TocmC
About Bastian Solutions
Bastian Solutions (http://ow.ly/LaOTe), a global material handling systems integrator and expert in e-commerce fulfillment automation is an innovator in the fields of material handling automation, goods-to-person systems, wearable AR technology, supply chain software, and robotics. Bastian Solutions recently announced the acquisition of Forte Engineering. The merge creates a turnkey software suite for beverage distributors and strengthens the companies’ overall product offerings and customer support.
Bastian Solutions is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, with an additional 16 domestic offices and 7 international offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Mexico, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia. Uniquely positioned, Bastian Solutions offers customers complete and innovative turnkey material handling systems, from design and simulation, all the way through installation and operations. Modern Materials Handling named Bastian Solutions 2015 Top 20 Systems Suppliers Worldwide.
Bastian Solutions provides integrated material handling systems reducing the total cost of order fulfillment and delivery cycle times for its customers; tremendous productivity gains and a quick return on investment are ensured. Automating supply chain logistics with harmony between material flow, information flow, and operational processes, yields a unique and important competitive advantage.
Follow Bastian Solutions on Twitter @BastianSolution
Company Name: Bastian Solutions
Contact Person: Stefanie Hardy, Assistant Marketing Manager
Email: Send Email
Phone: (888) 533-5522 / 317-575-9992 x1079
Address:10585 N. Meridian St. 3rd Floor
Country: United States