Although many consumers have been hard pressed over the last two years or so, as levels of consumer debt have mounted, the market for baby food has so far been fairly resilient, as purchases are predominantly still made by the upper income groups, who have suffered less than others from the difficult economic situation.
Research published by Analytics Business Intelligence indicates that in 2011 some 41% of users of baby food were light users (bought one or two units of baby food in the previous four weeks), 31% medium users (three to five units), and 28% heavy users (six or more units). The proportion of heavy users fell by two percentage points in 2011 compared with 2009, while the proportion of light and medium users rose by one percentage point in each case.
Access Detail Report with TOC @
- In 2015, the value of the South African baby food market represents an increase of 80.2% over the 2009 level.
- Overall consumption increased by 9.5% in 2015, with all sectors except drinks registering growth during the period. Milks account for the largest share of baby food sales at 71% of overall value in 2015, up 0.5 % points since 2009.
- Per capita consumption in 2015 was up by 4.1% since 2009 and all categories with the exception of drinks experienced some growth.
- The supermarket channel is particularly important in the sale of wet meals and drinks, representing 62% of volume sales in 2015, due to consumers’ perceptions of these products as grocery items.
Browse Related Reports on “Baby Products”
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our inhouse expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Request a Sample copy of this Report @
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyze current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Company Name: Hexa Reports
Contact Person: Ryan Shaw
Email: Send Email
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States