The market for baby food in Taiwan is relatively small and has been severely affected in recent years by low numbers of live births and one of the lowest birth rates in the world. Although many mothers, particularly the large proportion who are working, are increasingly attracted by the convenience of baby food, they are very much aware of the importance of breastfeeding and are also concerned about health and safety issues, which in some cases are leading to a return to using non-commercially prepared food and drink.
• There have been declines in per capita consumption in all sectors, with the exception of meals and finger foods; although in absolute terms the decline in volume consumption has been highest in the large milks sector, which has been adversely affected by the swing towards breastfeeding.
• Meals and finger foods have shown most growth, with retail sales increasing by 43.9% over the review period, but their share of the total market remains very low (3.3% in value terms in 2014).
• Supermarkets and hypermarkets have seen their role in the distribution of baby foods in Taiwan challenged over the review period by the increasing success of drugstores and baby stores.
Browse Detailed Report with TOC at:
What else does this report offer?
• Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
• Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
• Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
• Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
• Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Browse Related Reports by Hexa Reports Inc. at:
Reasons To Buy
• Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation
• Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
• Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
• Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Request a sample copy of this Report at:
Table of Contents
Live Birth Rates
Live Births by Region
The Baby Population
Incentives for Child Birth
For Full Report visit:
Hexa Research Inc. (http://www.hexareports.com) is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Company Name: Hexa Reports
Contact Person: Ryan Shaw
Email: Send Email
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States