The global automotive plastics market is expected to reach USD 53.49 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research. Increasing demand in power train and interior & exterior furnishing applications is expected to be a major driving factor for the global industry growth over the forecast period. Plastics are increasingly being adopted as metal & alloy substitutes in automotive parts, in order to reduce overall vehicular weight, increase component performance and chemical corrosion resistance. Regulations such as CAFE in the U.S. and EC legislations in Europe aim at improving fuel efficiency and are expected to positively impact automotive plastics industry growth.
Asia Pacific dominated the global industry and accounted for more than half of the global demand in 2014. Increasing automotive production in China, India and Japan along with growing aftermarket sales in Southeast Asia are expected to be major factors driving automotive plastics demand in APAC. Electrical components and interior & exterior furnishing applications collectively accounted for over 70% of the regional volume in 2014.
Full research report on automotive plastics market analysis:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global automotive plastics market was 8.69 million tons in 2014 and is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 9.5% from 2015 to 2022.
- North America demand was estimated at 882.5 kilo tons with polypropylene and polyurethane collectively accounting for over 44% of the regional volume in 2014. Increasing automotive production in the U.S. and Mexico coupled with growing passenger car exports is expected to drive the region’s growth over the forecast period.
- Polypropylene was the leading product segment and accounted for 25.6% of the global volume in 2014. PP foams are widely used in carpet backings, interior trims, gaskets and water shields. They function as noise and vibration dampeners and thermal insulators in automotive components
- Electrical components were the largest application segment with revenue estimated at USD 772.7 million in 2014. Plastics are increasingly being consumed in electrical housings, sensors, lighting systems, switches & sockets and displays.
- Glass headlight lenses are widely being replaced by polycarbonate lenses. Since, glass is highly weak under high impacts; OEMs are using polycarbonate as its substitute owing to its shatter resistance and heat resistance.
- The global market is moderately concentrated in nature with top four companies accounting for just over 69% of the market share in 2014. Key industry participants include AkzoNobel, BASF, SABIC, Bayer MaterialScience, Quadrant AG, Lear Corp., Borealis AG, Teijin Ltd., Johnson Controls and Evonik Industries.
Request for sample of this research report:
Grand View Research has segmented the global automotive plastics market on the basis of product, application and region:
Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA)
- Polyamide (PA)
Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Power Train
- Electrical Components
- Interior & Exterior Furnishings
- Under the Hood
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights.
For more information, visit: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States