Global Astaxanthin Market is expected to reach USD 2.57 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Adoption of advanced technologies in various stages of natural astaxanthin production, such as microalgae harvesting, cultivation, extraction, and drying, have been major factors driving market growth. Moreover, awareness about health benefits, safety, and potential uses of astaxanthin is another driving force.
Rising geriatric population is estimated to result in an increase in the demand for cosmetics such as antiageing creams and antioxidant products for improving aesthetic appeal. Astaxanthin has been reported in many studies for its high antioxidant and skin-friendly properties. Due to this, many cosmeceutical manufacturers and wellness spa owners are using it in new products and associated therapies, which is also estimated to drive demand.
Full Research Report on Global Astaxanthin Market Analysis:
U.S. astaxanthin market by product, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Naturally produced astaxanthin dominated the production technology segment with a market share of 52.4% in 2016, owing to increasing awareness about its health benefits, safety, and multifunctionality.
- Microalgae is estimated to be one of the largest and fastest growing natural source, owing to increasing use of H. pluvialis for production of high-grade astaxanthin
- Adoption of technologically advanced procedures for manufacturing natural astaxanthin with less contamination and maximum yield is expected to fuel market growth
- Dried algae meal or biomass held the largest market share by type of product in 2016 due to low production cost and high use in aquaculture and as animal food
- Softgel capsules containing astaxanthin oil or powder are rapidly gaining acceptance as oral nutraceutical, and this is expected to fuel demand.
- Based on application, aquaculture and animal feed dominated the market in 2016 with revenue of USD 220.0 million, owing to its increased usage in coloring fish and trout for quality enhancement
- On the other hand, nutraceuticals are expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period due to factors such as high nutritional value, antioxidant properties, and low adverse effects
- North America held the largest market share by region in 2016. Key factors for that can be attributed to its dominance are local presence of key manufacturers, increasing base of health-conscious population, and flourishing nutraceutical industry
- Supportive government regulations, growth in population with nutritional deficiencies, and increasing liquidity in developing countries are key drivers anticipated to provide high growth opportunities to the Asia Pacific region.
- Some of the major players of the astaxanthin market are Alga Technologies; Cyanotech Corporation; Fuji Chemicals Industry Co., Ltd.; BlueOcean NutraSciences, Inc.; MicroA AS; Fenchem; EID Parry (India) Ltd.; Beijing Gingko Group (BGG); Heliae Development, LLC; IGENE Biotechnology, Inc.; and JX Nippon Oil and Energy Corporation.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/pharmaceuticals
Global astaxanthin market, by application, 2016 (%)
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Astaxanthin Market on the basis of source, type of product, application, and region.
Astaxanthin Source Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Natural production
- Krill/ shrimp
- Synthetic production
Astaxanthin Type of Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Dried algae meal/biomass
Astaxanthin Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Dietary supplement/ nutraceuticals
- Animal feed and aquaculture
Astaxanthin Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
View Press Release Of This Report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials, and healthcare.
For more Information visit: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States