APP 2013 Voted Top Places to Work
Tacoma, WA – Associated Petroleum Products (APP) was honored by the Business Examiner Top Places to Work recognition program at the McGavick Conference Center on April 17, 2013, with presentation of the highest honor of a for-profit company. Top Places to Work recognizes outstanding company cultures in the South Sound and nominees are evaluated in five categories, Integrity, Gratification, Equity, Solidarity and Appreciation. APP was chosen as the Top Place to Work following the judges’ review of questionnaires submitted from each Company’s employees, who provided their comments on why their Company should be awarded this prestigious honor.
Frank Pupo, Jr., APP Executive VP/COO accepted the award and remarked “This is something for all of us to be very proud of, and at the same time, we always know that we still have room for improvement to make sure we continue as one of the Best Places to Work For. The survey results provided some excellent feedback on areas where we could improve as a company”.
APP employee comment themes included:
• A Management Team that listens to employees and carefully considers all employee suggestions.
• Benefits Package that rivals many Fortune Five Hundred Companies with features of: Competitive Wages, Full Benefit Package including Matching 401K and special company-only 401K contributions, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Medical, Vision, Dental, 4-Weeks’ Vacation plus Paid Holidays.
• A Company culture that is focused on leading and encouraging employees to be involved in Community Involvement Programs. Examples include: Annual Food and Coat drives for the homeless, Gifts for Kids with Salvation Army partner, Citizens for a Healthy Bay Clean Up Events, and Mary Bridge Children’s’ Hospital.
• Employees are proud of their Company’s consistent and extensive Community Give Back programs.
• APP seeks to promote from within and train employees for growth positions. This is a company where newly hired employees can look to make a career, grow their skills and qualify for promotional opportunities. Close to 20% of employees have been with APP for more than 10 years.
• Special fun parties and activities held throughout the year with employees, culminating each year with an annual Christmas Party with gifts and service awards for employees.
“Winning the award was one of our proudest moments as a company when APP won The Top Prize as the Best Place to Work For in the Puget Sound area,” stated Luke Xitco, President/CEO, “We beat out some very large and prestigious companies and as Frank mentioned in our acceptance speech, what makes this such an honor to win is that the award is solely based upon our employee’s participation and feedback”, Luke commented further.
is greatly appreciative of this special honor from the South Sound Business Community, and is also thankful for each of its talented employees who call APP their Company.
Associated Petroleum Products (APP) is a family owned second generation business that has been voted into the Top 150 Privately-Owned Companies in Washington State, one of the Ten Fastest Growing Companies in the State of Washington, One of the Top 50 Propane Retail Marketers in the United States, and voted Best in The Northwest Washington Family Business of the Year.
APP Operates multiple locations in Western Washington each featuring large quantities of fuels, lubricants, and propane, plus a chain of CFN and Pacific Pride cardlocks and retail stations.
iframes are not supported by your browser.