Many people in the Puget Sound area are unaware of the fact that there are indeed cockroach problems here in Seattle. The problems here occur almost exclusively on the interior, specifically in multi-unit residential settings as well as commercial kitchens. It is the German cockroach that is by far the most common of all the species. It has worldwide distribution as far as pest control efforts against cockroaches locally, it is the German cockroach that are found nearly 100% of the time in all infestations.
Cockroaches are among the most reviled of all pests, and for good reason. For one thing, the pests just plain creepy due to behavior of living in cracks and crevices and coming out primarily at night. The cockroaches can play an important role in disease transmission, Contaminating food with it’s saliva, feces and glandular secretions. Spreading a variety of diseases, but are most often implicated in the transmission of salmonella, which causes food poisoning.Implicated in causing allergic reactions in many people. German cockroaches can live almost anywhere inside, but show a preference for warm and humid places. Most of the time it prefers to live in kitchens, and secondarily in bathrooms. Pest control often find large clusters around refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, stoves and other appliances. Any crack or crevice, however, will work but – especially if near a source of food and/or water.
Incoming shipments such as in grocery bags, cardboard boxes and other means of shipping. Another primary source is via secondhand appliances such as refrigerators, televisions, microwaves, etc.Cockroaches have a rapid reproductive rate, so if the infestation is not noticed fairly quickly once introduced, a low-level infestation can turn into a significant problem fast.
Cockroaches will eat anything edible and more. It will eat any food but also eat such things as soap, glue and toothpaste.
The most important factor in cockroach control is sanitation and inspection, followed by detail-oriented pest control efforts which may include several steps. Elimination of most infestations requires multiple visits and AMPM Exterminators success rate is very high due to the thoroughness with which the pest management professionals take on this important task.
- Cockroaches and their likely habitats should be identified before any treatment
- Homeowners, business owners and property managers can detect conditions that will foster the development of infestations through frequent inspections.
- Proper sanitation, both indoors and outdoors, effectively limits cockroach populations.
- Do not leave unwashed dishes, kitchen utensils, and uncovered food out overnight.
- Clean up all spilled liquids.
- Areas beneath and behind cabinets, furniture, sinks, stoves and refrigerators should be cleaned often, as should cupboards, pantry shelves and storage bins where particles of food frequently accumulate.
- Kitchen waste and excess refuse should be kept in cockroach proof container and disposed of as frequently as possible.
- Dry pet food should be stored in tight containers away from the kitchen and other food.
- If pets are fed indoors, leftover foods should not be allowed to remain in the feeding dish overnight.
- Outdoors, garbage cans, racks, platforms or slabs should be cleaned regularly
- Discourage cockroaches from entering the home by sealing any cracks of 1/8 in or more in the foundation and exterior walls.
- Check the seal or caulking around air conditioning unit, windows, doors, pipes or other openings into the home.
- Inside the home eliminate all possible hiding areas and food sources.
- Repair cracks and holes in floors, walls and ceilings.
- Seal openings around plumbing fixtures, furnace flues, electrical outlets, windowsills and walls, and along baseboards and ceiling moldings.
- Leaky water faucets and pipes should be repaired.
- Thresholds on doors should be as tight as possible and cracks in porches and stoops should be sealed
Eliminate Hiding Places
- Paper, Cardboard, lumber, firewood and other debris next to the home provide excellent refuge for several cockroach species.
- Keep yard trash and stacks of firewood away from the home or garage to minimize the chance of cockroach invasion.
If there is a cockroach infestation, the success and safety of the restaurant, building, warehouse, or office depends on a thorough treatment of the problem. Services at AMPM Exterminators can help to identify, locate, and eradicate cockroaches from the space and ensure that no pest of any kind return.
When hiring an exterminator, make sure of the experienced and licensed. Discuss the different treatment options and what this will mean for the families. Find out how long to stay away from the treated buildingand if the exterminator offers any guarantees for his service. The cost of cockroach extermination varies depending on the size of property and the type of treatment necessary.
Exterminators may use different types of insecticides, from spreading desiccants which dry out and kill the bugs, or use neurotoxins. The cost for such a service will be anywhere from $100 to $400 depending on the severity of the infestation. The pest control service may recommend periodic maintenance visits which can cost between $130 and $200 each.
Company Name: Cockroach Control & Treatment | Pest Control Services
Contact Person: Charles Must
Email: Send Email
Phone: 425 440 0966
Address:805 156th Ave NE
Country: United States