There are many technologies and ideas throughout the world which are exciting in their potential but whose effects are mainly pipedreams that we never get to see in the flesh. However, in the world of tech there is currently a wave of industries that have real potential to change our world forever and they are likely to be realized within the next decade. These industries are inextricably linked and serve to augment the capabilities of each other, meaning that the rate of change is likely to snowball. From artificial intelligence, through to the space industry the rate of technological advancements in the last few years has been dramatic and this report examines and speculates on what is coming in the next decade and what their implications might be.
– These technologies on their own are likely to be revolutionary once we have them, but the most change will come when they are functioning together. For instance, a world where an advanced AI is able to use a quantum computer to conduct its research is not far away.
– Many of the world’s biggest companies have invested heavily in these emerging tech markets and their desire for innovation, new products and understanding is driving these companies forward.
– Not all of the side effects of this technological development can be predicted and some future scenarios may even be negative. There are organizations preparing for this scenario too, researching how to control AI for instance or developing less invasive neurological surgeries to try and make sure that the coming tech breakthrough is a positive one.
– Examines six major technology areas where fundemental breakthroughs are only a few years away and what effect they might have on our world
– Looks at artifical intelligence, who the major players are and what they want to achieve
– Examines how driverless technology is creeping into the world’s transportation systems and what this means for us
– Looks at the big players trying to build quantum computers and what they want them for
– Analyzes how factories are changing with robotics and automation
– Examines how brain implant technology is starting to produce results
– Looks at the space industry and the emerging competition for a new market
Reasons to buy
– What major technology advances are coming soon and how will they effect businesses, society and learning?
– Who are the big players that are chasing this technology and what do they seek to gain from it?
– What could be the positive and negative outcomes of some of these technologies?
– Are some of these technologies worth having? Or might they be a waste of investment?
Table of Content: Key Points
Executive summary 2
Artificial Intelligence: revolutionizing industries across the world 2
Driverless vehicles: technology will change global transport forever 2
Quantum computing: using the bizarre tiny world of the quantum to solve humanity’s biggest problems 2
Industry 4.0: billed as the fourth industrial revolution, factories are changing 2
Brain Implants: using advanced neurology to repair or enhance our brains 3
Cleaning up space: a new industry is born commercializing space 3
Artificial Intelligence is revolutionizing industries across the world 10
AI is potentially useful for a wide range of industries 10
Investment in AI has been significant over recent years 10
Machine learning has received the most investment over recent years due to Big Data increasingly becoming a huge focal point for businesses 11
Machine learning is apparent in an array of industries 12
The healthcare industry is in transformation thanks to AI developments 12
AI aims to save costs but instead will increase them for businesses 14
Although costs are associated with AI maintenance, soon AI will be doing the handling 15
Unemployment is a fear of the future, not so much right now 16
Teachers fear not as robots target other jobs instead 16
Driverless vehicle technology will change global transport forever 17
Long considered to be averse to change, shipping is about to transform 17
Technology is advancing towards full autonomy for large vessels but work still needs to be done 18
Developing the regulation for autonomous shipping will take time and likely fail to keep pace with technological development 18
Driverless cars face a steep development curve to become mainstream 19
Mapping and regulating problems hold back progress on autonomous cars 20
Technology needs to be refined for everyday purposes before driverless cars can become mainstream 20
Autonomous trucks are changing how mining is done today; transport must wait for development 21
Autonomous trucks for the road are being frustrated by lack of enthusiasm from multiple parties 22
Application for autonomy extends beyond freight into everyday menial jobs 22
Major aircraft manufacturers are moving ahead with autonomous planes 23
Boeing to test pilotless aircraft in 2018 as technology nears required level of sophistication 23
Airbus self-flying taxi is the transformative application of autonomous technology in personal transport 23
Quantum computing: using the bizarre tiny world of the quantum to solve humanty’s biggest problems 25
Classical computers are limited to strict physical laws 25
Physics of the quantum world is very difficult to understand let alone tame 26
Qubits are the fundamental “bit” of information that quantum computers use 26
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349