5G TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY RESEARCH
“5G Technology Overview, Use Cases and Demand Forecast” is a thematic research report by that gives an overview of the 5G technology and the main trends worldwide. Data consumption is set to grow fourfold in the next five years. 5G will, for the first time, go beyond increased bandwidth and capacity, as was the focus in previous wireless generations, adding low latency, high density and high reliability. These capabilities will enable a variety of use cases, opening the door to new, predominantly business focused services such as self-driving cars and smart cities.
The report analyzes the business user cases for 5G and the pace of deployment worldwide, with specific focus and forecasts in South Korea, Japan, the US, China and Europe. Data and insights for this report were derived through a mix of desk-based secondary research and qualitative primary research. Primary research involves in-depth interviews with market players, and the secondary research effort includes obtaining relevant data and intelligence through publicly available sources, regulatory authority publications, trade associations, specialist databases and company financial reports, presentations and press releases.
The report is structured as follows –
– Technology Overview: This section provides a background and a rationale to 5G, explaining the drivers behind 5G deployment, the terminology and spectrum requirement.
– Use Cases and New Services: Here we examine capabilities and opportunities enabled by 5G, taking a deep look at fixed wireless, massive machine, latency, reliability, automotive and drone services and network virtualization.
– Timeline and Key Country Forecasts: In this section, we provide a timeframe for commercial launch of 5G worldwide, by operator, up to 2022. we then forecast main trends in 5G subscriptions in South Korea, Japan, the US, China and Europe.
– Key findings and recommendations: We conclude the report with a summary of the opportunities, challenges and success factors in deploying 5G, as well as recommendations, for network operators and vendors.
– 5G goes beyond previous wireless generations, with additional capabilities beyond increased bandwidths and capacities, resulting in new opportunities but also additional challenges in complexity.
– 5G is gaining momentum, given that standardization timelines have been brought forward. As a result, in Japan, South Korea and USA all the major operators are planning to launch IMT 2020 based services during 2019. Important events such as Olympics are an additional driver in a number of countries.
– The 28GHz frequency band is enjoying the most initial focus, and will support early services in South Korea and US, although it is not available in all regions. The 3.5GHz frequency band has, by some way, the broadest support across key regions including US, where it is to become available as shared spectrum. Many other high frequency bands are also being considered, notably 2.5GHz, 4GHz and 39GHz; these will be complemented by low frequency bands also, including 600MHz, 700MHz and 1.3GHz.
– The 5G business case for operators depends very much on small cell deployment and the associated availability of high capacity backhaul.
Reasons to buy
– The report provides a global view of the opportunity in deploying 5G and growth trends in terms of subscriptions, as well as new use cases with customized communications.
– This analysis is useful for telecom executives to evaluate their position vis-à-vis the major growth opportunities in 5G and make informed decisions about strategic investments, value proposition and growth strategies to rapidly grow their 5G networks.
– The report provides valuable insights about use cases made possible by the 5G family of technologies.
– The report benchmarks five countries and regions and their attitude vis a vis 5G deployment and trends in terms of launch and pace of take-up of 5G mobile subscriptions.
Table of Content: Key Points
List of exhibits
Section 1: Technology Overview
Background to 5G
Radio and Spectrum
Spectrum and Radio Networks
Backhaul: Full Duplex Transmission
Revenue Growth Backdrop to 5G
Section 2: Use Cases and New Services
Key Use Cases
Network Virtualization and 5G
Massive Machine, Latency and Reliability
Automotive and Drone Services
Efficiencies Through Virtualization
Section 3: Timeline and Key Country Forecasts
Network Launch Timeline
South Korea 5G Forecast
Japan 5G Forecast
US 5G Forecast
China 5G Forecast
Europe 5G Forecast
Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349